King Ranch Leather

van185

Advanced Helper
I recently got a 2005 Ford F150 King Ranch and the leather is slightly faded and there are several areas of stains on the leather. The King Ranch leather appears different than most leather that I have worked on. Any suggestions for products to clean and then condition the seats. The leather is not to the point of cracking. The vehicle has set for several years and the leather is dry and dirty with areas of set in stains, but not cracked.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I recently got a 2005 Ford F150 King Ranch and the leather is slightly faded and there are several areas of stains on the leather. The King Ranch leather appears different than most leather that I have worked on. Any suggestions for products to clean and then condition the seats. The leather is not to the point of cracking. The vehicle has set for several years and the leather is dry and dirty with areas of set in stains, but not cracked.

hi Van .. the leather is different ,, it's not coated ... it is like old time leather .. it's a hide that will darken when it gets moist or wet, and even when you treat it. If it is really dirty you can mix a solution of APC start at 15:1 , if it's just a bit dirty, you can use Natural Look and a tough cotton towel,
you can treat it and maintain with Leather Stuff ... it will tend to take on dark spots if you sweat ... hmmm North Carolina in the summer ... yeah you will see some dark spots .. even them out by massaging Leather Stuff into the Leather ... it will feed and soften the leather to help prevent cracking ... these types of seats do crack as they do not have a coating.

W

willjeep

hi Van .. the leather is different ,, it's not coated ... it is like old time leather .. it's a hide that will darken when it gets moist or wet, and even when you treat it. If it is really dirty you can mix a solution of APC start at 15:1 , if it's just a bit dirty, you can use Natural Look and a tough cotton towel,
you can treat it and maintain with Leather Stuff ... it will tend to take on dark spots if you sweat ... hmmm North Carolina in the summer ... yeah you will see some dark spots .. even them out by massaging Leather Stuff into the Leather ... it will feed and soften the leather to help prevent cracking ... these types of seats do crack as they do not have a coating.

Hey poor boy,

What to use on leather that does have a coating? is natral stuff good?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hey Poorboy,

What to use on leather that does have a coating? is natral stuff good?

I prefer Leather Stuff, just because it smells like a new car with leather, but Natural Look will also work fine, but you will have a Cherry scent and a little higher gloss on dashboards

W

willjeep

I prefer Leather Stuff, just because it smells like a new car with leather, but Natural Look will also work fine, but you will have a Cherry scent and a little higher gloss on dashboards

Cool, leather stuff it is!

van185

Advanced Helper
Thanks for the reply. I agree NC in the summer. BUt the good thing is Western NC in the summer. Not near as hot. I will try the Natural Look and Leather Stuff both. I'll let you know how it goes.

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
I had an 02 King Ranch. Those seats were a pain to clean up. Of course mine had a few miles. I remember reading where someone used a steamed rag approach or just really hot rags.

Cool trucks!