iPhones

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
Anybody have one of the iPhone's? I see that AT&T is giving free iPhone 3's with new contracts. Big difference between those and the 4? Not meaning the new 4S....

Scott P

Advanced Helper
My wife has an iPhone 3GS and I have an iPhone 4. There is a difference in size and there is a difference in what apps they can run. The iPhone 4 has a flash for pictures. I'm sure there are other differences, but I don't recall them. Free is good, but that phone's technology would already be two years old or more. It's free for a reason. Depending on what you have now for a phone, you may see higher data charges.

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
I have an LG Lotus flip right now non data with Sprint. Looks like the AT&T plan is $90 a month for two lines and then free 3's or a $100 for the 4. The 3 has to be a huge jump for someone with a non data now!! lol

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
What.... the difference between them?

with your phone you do nothing but phone and text with the 4g you are basically live on the internet ... but it's only good if you have 4g being broadcast or whatever you want to call it in your area ..otherwise the phone is useless

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
Right... think we just have 3g in this area. I can get on the internet and check emails now but nothing like a smart phone. I can't imagine having a touch screen... jee wiz!

G

Gus-Gus

wow i thought i would never see the day when steve would be spreading knowledge about cell phones...

he used to say "i only use a phone to make calls"

Times are a changing!

Scott P

Advanced Helper
For $100, I would go with the iPhone 4. No use getting something that is a generation plus old just because it is free.

P

Pockets

Right... think we just have 3g in this area. I can get on the internet and check emails now but nothing like a smart phone. I can't imagine having a touch screen... jee wiz!

Screw touch screens that what I say .... Love my iPod Touch but wouldn't trade anything to switch my flip phone that waterproof shockproof and Pockets proof :twisted: haha

I couldn't imagine having to look at my screen every time I wanted to txt I know my keyboard and like hitting the buttons just my opinion

wow i thought i would never see the day when steve would be spreading knowledge about cell phones...

he used to say "i only use a phone to make calls"

Times are a changing!

I was going to mention something about that lol