Fiberglass on an RV

B

Back in Black

So, i went and bought a 31ft Class C RV. It has fiberglass all the way around. It is a bit oxidized and has a yellowish tinge. What product(s) would work well for this?

I'd be using a PC on this. Would i need clay? this is gonna be a big job...

and how do i get around stickers? jsut very carefully? or can i take the PC right over them?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Back in Black said:
So, i went and bought a 31ft Class C RV. It has fiberglass all the way around. It is a bit oxidized and has a yellowish tinge. What product(s) would work well for this?

I'd be using a PC on this. Would i need clay? this is gonna be a big job...

and how do i get around stickers? jsut very carefully? or can i take the PC right over them?

I would use Professional Polish. You can only use clay if the finish is smooth.
You can go over the stickers, just don't dwell on them. :D

B

Back in Black

thanks for the response.

So far, so good. But i may clay the rest of it. I washed the back only on the rig. fired up the PC and the Pro Polish was quickly sucked up by the fiberglass...or so it seemed. Turned out pretty nice, but i may need to do a second pass.

The pad was still picking up major dirt, so i knew i should clay it. the fiberglass is pretty smooth, so i dont think there will be much of a problem.

it's going to take 20 hours of work to get this rig up to par, but man, the parts i have done so far are looking nice.

on another note, should i apply a wax after this?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would either use Polish w/ carnauba or maybe EX after the oxidation has been removed. If you choose the PwC then it will also save a second pass with the Pro Polish.

B

Back in Black

aha...i'll have to check and see if i have any PwC left...I know i have 2 bottles of EX-P...

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Yes you can use the EX-P instead of EX but make sure the finish is really well polished first.

B

Back in Black

arg, no ex in the cabinet...

placed an order today. hopefully i can get this sucker to shine before i cover it up for the winter...snow is forcasted on Thursday...judas..