ex-p by hand?

H

hotgrass

hi! im a poor boy buying poorboys products and detailing my car for the first time. im already have a clay bar and spray. im planning to do everything by hand. im planning to get the the:
poorboy soap ( car washing)
white paste wax ( i have a silver car, i dont think red or blue works with my silver)
ssr1&2 (for my light scratches)
and ex-p
can i apply the ex-p by hand or it needs to be used with a buffer?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
hotgrass said:
hi! im a poor boy buying poorboys products and detailing my car for the first time. im already have a clay bar and spray. im planning to do everything by hand. im planning to get the the:
poorboy soap ( car washing)
white paste wax ( i have a silver car, i dont think red or blue works with my silver)
ssr1&2 (for my light scratches)
and ex-p
can i apply the ex-p by hand or it needs to be used with a buffer?

Welcome to our forum and as Bigleegr said all products can be used by hand, it's just easier by machine. :wink:
When applying EX-P by hand, use a damp sponge applicator and spread it very thin ...did I say very thin :D

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Apply a thin line around the edge of the pad. "Pat" the pad a few times on the paint to apply some and smear it around a bit. (With the machine off) Then turn on the PC to 2 or 3 and spread it evenly and thinly. Make sure you use a finishing pad. (A polishing pad will work too, if you don't have a finishing pad, but don't use a cutting pad.) Continue around the car. When the EX-P has hazed, you can remove it.