Egged Car

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Back in early April I did a detail on my 2002 Ford Explorer. Coated it with Poorboys Ex-p and topped with natty red.
Early June I applied some old meguiars liquid crystal carnauba wax. Just trying to use it up.
Monday morning at work I realized I had a broken egg that grazed the roof and hit the rack. Also found another egg hit my garage door and splattered the hood.
I used a bottle of water and rinsed of what I could. So when I got home last night, I went to wash the explorer.. To find Brown spots all over the hood and roof and some other small areas. They weren't washing off. I don't know if this was egg (or soda sprayed on it from a can found in the street) but managed to get it off with Turtle Wax bug and tar remover. Rubbing with a micrifiber towel. After removing a few spots with my nail I figured it be safer using microfiber.
So now I'm going to have to give her a coat again.

Any suggestions as to what I should use to hold up against another attack?
I was thinking of doing a Pro polish on it too in case I missed anything.
What product would you have suggested to clean these spots if it does happen again?
I'll be putting a security camera up soon, but think it was the kids across street from me being a##holes.

What product can I spray on the kid if I find out who did it... I want it to burn but not cause blindness.

Does poorboy's staff have any experience with this? I'm not happy reading that egg can actually ruin a paint job.

Thanks for any input.
Shawn

ronkh

Da King
Egg is triple trouble.
A. Acid
B. Staining/etch
C. Crack pant

Soda
Stain
Acid

If it were mine, I would wash, Pro-Polish, then re-seal/wax and hope it didn't crack paint

P

Pockets

Eggs can eat right through the clear in a matter of hours.

Nothing can really hold up to them as far as waxes or sealant. It will slow it down as you saw but won't hold it off forever.

Just keep a good coat of protection on there and if you catch it soon enough was it down ASAP

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Thanks for the replies.
I received my first bottle of Super Slick and Suds. Gave it another wash today. Definitely my new wash.
I'll post some photos of this 2002 explorer once I reapply.

Last week I applied Poorboys trim restore to faded grey plastic flares. This is like the 6th product I tried. Finally a winner. It actually looks like it fills in more after you wash it. I had tried a $40 bottle of Wolfgangs trim sealant. It didn't cover the faded spots well and smells like turpentine. Probably not good if you get any on your paint. And limited to exterior.

I'm running out of Poorboys products to try. Just a few more items to get.