Diluting Bold and Bright

F

FP

What is the right ratio to dilute Bold and Bright to use on a sprayer. I want to use it for my wheel wells. Has anyone done this?

Thanks, I appreciate you answers.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I've sprayed it undiluted. Some people have used as much as a 3:1 dilution, depending on how much gloss they were wanting.

F

FP

BigLeegr said:
I've sprayed it undiluted. Some people have used as much as a 3:1 dilution, depending on how much gloss they were wanting.
Is that 3 parts water to 1 part BnB? or the other way around?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
3 parts water. This is, of course, a very diluted solution, so if you were to use it, don't expect as much longevity or gloss.

awd330

Advanced Helper
A 1:1 dilution ratio works very well for wheel wells. It will give you most of the gloss and durability of the full strength version. I used this ratio for a long period of time. However, I decided that it was easier to just buy BnB in bulk (gallon jugs or 5 gallon buckets) and use it full strength. The final cost to me was about equal and I avoided the hassle of mixing.

F

FP

Thanks, I assume that since it's water based and dries quickly, it doesn't trap road dirt?

awd330

Advanced Helper
FP said:
Thanks, I assume that since it's water based and dries quickly, it doesn't trap road dirt?

That's correct. It's one of the things I like best about BnB as opposed to the heavier gel-type, solvent based dressings.