Dealership experience - kudos/brag

V

VroomVroom

Hi Folks,

So, we recently bought a new car for my wife. Replaced the gas guzzler with a new Acura TSX. She picked out the color - 'royal blue pearl' - which is new for '06. A lot of folks are raving about it. I have to admit to wanting black or their satin silver, but this color has really grown on me.

Anyway, I got some strange looks and a few questions when I turned down their free detail, and even more when I said 'thanks but no thanks' to their sealant. We got the car right after the shipping film had been removed, and I will say that the first detail was a pain in the neck. There were pieces of that plastic residue EVERYWHERE from that film. I ended up just walking around the car with 3M wax/adhesive remover. Their removal process left some swirls on the hood, roof, trunk, and small spots on two of the fenders. I used Menzerna IP (I know, blasphemy...sorry, it's been on the shelf all lonely) with the PC to remove these, and then hit the car with PP and NB by hand.

The results? Pics below, but I have to share that when we visited the dealership those guys were stunned. Including our salesman, I've had a few folks ask me what I used and compliment me for not letting them touch it. :)

acura04.jpg

acura10.jpg

acura15.jpg

Just wanted to share another PB success story.

awd330

Advanced Helper
Congrats on the new car!

I had a similar experience a few months ago when I took delivery of a new car. I made it clear to every employee I came in contact with (salesman, sales manager, finance manager, general manager, etc.) that I did not want anyone to wash or detail the car. They were to simply remove the cosmoline and install the accessories. I got a lot of puzzled looks. I explained that I understood that there would be adhesive residue and that I was EXTREMELY picky about paint care products. Fortunately, they heeded my wishes and I happily took delivery of a dirty car.

BTW - Clay is excellent for removing the plastic adhesive residue.

R

Rob

LMAO yeah me too. They thought I had hit my head or something. Then I came back 4hours later (I didn't wait 1 minute to get started!) and they were stunned (of course!)