Not open for further replies.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
We are about to begin changes to our forum ..some have already begun :smt023

Anyone with ideas to improve our forum, please feel free to share :D

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I had forgotten my password and the verification string thingie had issues with me. But I am now signed on and ready to read.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
great Scott! no really can you share what you did as we are having some issues with people signing in

Scott P

Advanced Helper
The verification string seemed to be caps sensitive. I had a new email password sent to me, then changed it to one I would remember.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
Fixed? I came to the site and I was logged out. I tried to log in, but it did not accept my password. I had to do the reset thing again. I'll log out and try logging back in to see if I can replicate the problem.

Update: I was able to log out and log right back in again.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
My issues occurred after you posted. :) When I just came here through a new browser window, the login box was blank. I logged in and after the redirecting, they still showed as blank. Once I entered the forums, I showed up as logged in. Cookies have been cleared as my little helper ate them.

Also, how do I get an avatar to show up? Do I need to be even more special than I already am?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I think the avatar is in your usercp .. that's where mine was ?

we'll have to check out the sign in problem so more

B

barryscott

My issues occurred after you posted. :) When I just came here through a new browser window, the login box was blank. I logged in and after the redirecting, they still showed as blank. Once I entered the forums, I showed up as logged in. Cookies have been cleared as my little helper ate them.

Same problem here!

Bunky

Advanced Helper
I could not log in until I changed my password. The instructions for resetting were confusing.

If first got this email

You have requested to reset your password on PoorboysWorld.net "Let's Talk Detailing" because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
http://205.234.252.223/~poorboy/boa...31&i=b41f5bdb5c850016cdb8bb9e4875873e2c4a4209

This email accomplished nothing except take you back.

I later got an email with a temporary password.....

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I have a profile picture loaded, but it doesn't seem to show up in the forums as an avatar.

I did find it. I swear it wasn't there earlier. I think Steve is messing with me. Now how about smilies? All I get is a red x.

Last edited:

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
smilies are coming soon ...

yes this a brand new version of Vbulliten and has a few quirks to work through ..but some of the features are just so cool. The blog section is a lot of fun and Ron with his food fetish is just great during the day when you need a desirable item to look forward to. Also all the usercp as well as the post directions, seem so much easier to maneuver

M

Mister B

I had to re-register as well. :(

But all is well, now.

What happened to all the smilies?

Status
Not open for further replies.