Can the wheel sealant be used on chrome wheels too?

T

Todd

I've been using the wheel sealant on my painted alloy wheels for quite some time but I'm hesitant to use anything on a friend's chrome wheels. Is the wheel sealant safe for chrome wheels and what results have you had with it?

One of his wheels is starting to peel a bit and I think the wheel sealant could help to retard/prevent this on his other wheels.

Thanks!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Todd said:
I've been using the wheel sealant on my painted alloy wheels for quite some time but I'm hesitant to use anything on a friend's chrome wheels. Is the wheel sealant safe for chrome wheels and what results have you had with it?

One of his wheels is starting to peel a bit and I think the wheel sealant could help to retard/prevent this on his other wheels.

Thanks!

Yes, Wheel Sealant is safe on all wheels, unfortunately once a chrome wheel starts to peel there is little that can be done to completely stop it, but the wheel sealant should help slow down the process by retarding moisture from getting under the plating. :)

ps Welcome to our forum Todd :smt006

T

Todd

Thanks Steve.

I've been so busy this year I've been neglecting the forums...but at least my car is still shiny.

V

VroomVroom

I've been using it on my chrome wheels with great results. Fortunately no chipping or peeling issues, but it does a terrific job of delaying the need to polish. Water spots, general road grime, brake dust, etc....all wash off quite easily.