Black Sapphire 745 LI, no dial up, lots-o-photos

Rollingrock

Advanced Helper
Well, today is my 11th anniversary with the wife. Crazy weekend, family in town for baby shower, and then tomorrow Father's day...

Friends are staying with us and just got a new (used) 745 Li, and the paint is bad shape. So I couldn't resist.

Washed
Clayed
PB SSR1 Green LC Flex
PB PP White LC Flex
PB BH (Black Hole) Black LC Flex
PB EX-P Blue LC Flex
PB Nattys Red, By Hand
Megs HD wheels and wells.

All that = Happy friend.

He had just paid 200 bucks for a detail before he came down to DFW from Hot Springs, it looked BAD.

Before:

IMG_2451.jpg

Kind of hard to see the spider webbing but its there
IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

A few afters:
Taking a break after SSR1, PP and BH... (drive door reflection)
IMG_2454.jpg

More,

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

Learnings. This is some of the hardest paint I have ever seen. There are marks I couldn't get out whit SSR3 and a yellow LC with the Flex on 6....they wouldn't budge. Lots of Acid Rain damange on the hood and rear deck. Car was bought outside of Phili PA.

Wanted to show the reflecto shots.

A few close ups

You can really see the color here
IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

Ok, I think that's it....I could have spent 5 more hours on this paint but I am happy with results for now.

Cheers

Rollingrock

Advanced Helper
thanks folks, I think I am going to start charging a luxury tax on these higher end BMW's. Seriously the paint is touch as nails,.

It looks polished but there are so many spider webs in the sufrace still.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Very nice work :smt023 Yes, there are limitations to random orbital machines no matter how good they are and sometimes a rotary is the only machine that will do those corrections.

ps. Happy Anniversary 8)