Black Hole

A

ajc347

Just a quick couple of questions.

1) Can Black Hole be applied over the sealant base left by PwS?

2) Can Black Hole be applied over a wax (such as Natty's Blue), or a wax-based product (such as PwC or PwCb) or would this cause bonding issues to occur?

ronkh

Da King
You need to remember bh will not add protection. So you will need to put something over it, unless it is for a show.

A

ajc347

ronkh said:
You need to remember bh will not add protection. So you will need to put something over it, unless it is for a show.

Thanks for the reply ronkh.

So I take it I could go PwC (or PwS) followed by BH followed by Natty's Blue initially, and then apply another layer of BH and Natty's Blue after the next wash a few weeks later?

ronkh

Da King
A man after my own heart. :wink:

DO IT !!!

And post pics of teh final product at least, better would be before and after.

A

ajc347

ronkh said:
A man after my own heart. :wink:

DO IT !!!

And post pics of teh final product at least, better would be before and after.

Nice one. :)

I'm going to order some PwC and BH and get some pics done as soon as.

Cheers mate.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze can be applied any time to hide minor imperfections and to enhance gloss on black, red, and all dark vehicles.
And, like Mr. Ron mentioned
Use glaze before applying your favorite wax or sealant. The last step product will lock in the fillers to keep your paint looking great until your next detail.

One other thing to remember is:
Swirls can be more noticeable when they’re filled with grime, so this special formula lifts out dirt and then fills in swirls with glaze.
This means that (especially with a machine application) you will be removing some wax/sealant as you apply the glaze.

A

ajc347

BigLeegr said:
This means that (especially with a machine application) you will be removing some wax/sealant as you apply the glaze.

Thanks for the advice mate. :)

I'm planning to apply by hand. I presume that this would mean that the level of wax / sealant removal will be far less than if I used a machine.

Would I need to, therefore, consider applying more than one layer of lsp each time I re-wash the car?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
No, you wouldn't need to, but you could if you wanted to. I know of a couple people that re-wax after each wash "just because." ;)

A

ajc347

Thanks for all your help guys - it's much appreciated. :)

I'll get some pics posted when the PwC and BH arrives. :D

A

ajc347

As promised here are some pictures of Black Hole applied to my car. :)

Blackhole011.jpg

Blackhole003.jpg

Blackhole005.jpg

A

ajc347

ronkh said:
Very nice. Nice shine, good clarity.

But now, how do you feel about it?

Thanks for the comments ronkh.

It's cracking stuff. I love it. :D

I've just had a DA polisher and some Pro Polish delivered today and tried some on a test panel after work. Excellent combination.

PP & BH ftw. :lol:

B

Blackthornone

About how much product would you use on an average sized car in ounces? How long do you need to wait after application to buff off excess, and how long do you need to wait to apply the LSP?

S

skylineboy

Blackthornone said:
About how much product would you use on an average sized car in ounces? How long do you need to wait after application to buff off excess, and how long do you need to wait to apply the LSP?

From my experience, you should be able to do around 10 to 15 cars with one bottle. So, it's 1$ per car! Pretty Cheap.

B

Blackthornone

skylineboy said:
Blackthornone said:

From my experience, you should be able to do around 10 to 15 cars with one bottle. So, it's 1$ per car! Pretty Cheap.
Is that a 16 ounce bottle or a 32 ounce bottle?

S

skylineboy

Blackthornone said:
skylineboy said:
Blackthornone said:

Is that a 16 ounce bottle or a 32 ounce bottle?

16oz.