Bird Etching

J

jgrasty

Hello, all:

I recently bought a 2007 Infiniti G35 (Blue Slate) and within a week got a large bird poop etching on the hood. It is not very deep, as I cleaned it off immediately and then buffed it by hand using a polish I had on hand. The polish I had little effect other than to ensure that all the bird poop was off. The etching is not very deep, as it can barely be felt running my finger across it, but it is very visible, thus, I want to fix it. Based on extensive research and an excellent video http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/video/, I decided to get a PC and fix the bird etching.

I've received the PC and also Lake Country pad kit, along with PB SSR1, PB SSR2.5, and EX sealant. My plan was to go with SSR1 using a white polishing pad. If that wasn't sufficient, moving up to SSR2.5 with the orange cutting pad, followed by SSR1 with the white pad and then finishing up with EX on the whole car.

Your thoughts before I proceed. I'm planning to try out the whole process before hand on my wife's 2001 Forester, as she washes it about 3 or 4 times a year and maybe seals it once a year. It's time for a full service detailing. :D

So, anything I'm missing here?

Let me know, thanks!

Joey

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hi Joey,

I would approach it with Professional Polish not an SSR . Bird dropping stains are chemical in nature and should be removed with the same process.
You can try the SSR's with a polishing pad and run them at a speed of 5-6.
You might also try using a terry towel with your pointer finger underneath following the mark and rubbing hard and fast. This will create heat and friction which may work a little better than a PC for a spot cleaning.