Big News for Poorboy's World

Dwayne

Operations Manager
But haven't met you yet Dwayne..lol

You just gave me an idea. While there are still a lot of familiar faces around here. Some folks have no idea who I am. The good news is Steve didn't hire a rookie so I'll give you the scoop...

Steve and I go way back. In 2002 I started a forum called Detail City aka The Original Poorboy's Forum where Steve was my #1 Sponsor for many years. In addition to the Detail City forum I also ran an online store called Premium Auto Care where Poorboy's world was my #1 selling brand. Eventually it was setup where it was the Detail City Forum and the Detail City Store. A lot of the success that I had was thanks to Steve and Poorboy's World.

During this time, Palm Beach Motoring was my largest supplier and I got to know Bob and Jason well. I was one of a small handful of people who was at the very first Detail Fest. My career path led to resign from my own company and join the staff at Autogeek (2007-2011). If you look closely, you'll see I was rockin' the 2009 Poorboy's World Detailing Weekend T-Shirt back in 2010 at my desk. If it wasn't for Steve, I wouldn't have any cool T-Shirts to wear so I am thankful that he keeps me clothed.

View attachment 723

In 2011 I left Autogeek due to an illness in my family and I became a caregiver. My dad was diagnosed with ALS and was declining rapidly. Sadly he passed away in July of 2012. Since then I needed some time to grieve and just sort things out.

I've always found success in the automotive aftermarket but my passion is car care so it was just a matter of time before I came back. As it turns out the timing was absolutely perfect when I got the call from Steve. Looking back, we've had so many great times both online, and in person that working for Poorboy's World was an opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. I'm really looking forward to getting reacquainted with old friends and getting to know some new ones too.

I was fortunate to spend some time this past weekend with Steve and his family and I felt warmly welcomed and I think I gained back 15 lbs from all the good eatin' we did together. We talked about the future of Poorboy's World and how exciting it will be as we continue to grow. My strengths include customer service, technical support, research and development, administration and having a lot of fun so I hope to be a tremendous asset to Steve and to the Poorboy's World community.

ronkh

Da King
I think it's going to be Buckets or something like that...

Buckets with drunken pineapple..........

1269900578.jpg

ronkh

Da King
OMG !!! Thank god Finn's is no longer there !!

only when waiting for a waitress from a rib place :rolleyes:

Finn's is next door to this place or is this place now, but think next door

20150320_193026_zpss8pddqrm.jpg

Was just looking at pic from rib place. But don't have permission to post it.

Was is sonnys or bonos ???? Can't remember anymore. :( age sucks

Scott P

Advanced Helper
Best wishes on your career move Pockets.
It was great meeting you at Detail Weekend.
Hoping one day I can get down to Fl for a detail or fest.

Anyone know what Dwayne's Poorboy handle will be?
PS
Chris how about one last update of your dented bottles or clearance items before you close the door.

Dwayne will have to be "Chair" or something along those lines. There are no photos in existence of him actually standing.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Dwayne will have to be "Chair" or something along those lines. There are no photos in existence of him actually standing.

he will be out of his chair more than in during the next chapter of " As the Dwayne turns "

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Thanks for the intro Dwayne. Hoping to order more stuff eventually..Hoping you post some dented bottles of PwC or PwCB. They are the only two things I don't own.
I was able to successfully change my password today to finally respond. The verification said it was incorrect quite a few times when it wasn't.
Referring to the house address photo.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
2015 is treating ya well Dwayne :smt112 :smt042
2016 we need even more business up front, and even more party in the back :smt040