Arizona heat, process?

N

NightyNight

Just bought a PC. I've been using OTC Meg's stuff for awhile, with their 3 step process. I decided to kick up the quality of the products I'm using to accompany my new PC.
This is what I'm considering buying, and the short steps after a wash/claying. I heard that Natty's wax doesn't hold up well to extreme heat (it gets in the 110's here) so will EX-P work as a sealant?

1. Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba (Blue)
2. EX-P

The car has light oxidation, swirls =(, light scratches. It's a metallic blue color, 01 Highlander.

Is there anything else to buy? I'm open to any and all recommendations, I've never experienced Poorboy's products before, so I'm open to trying anything you guys offer.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
If you are going to use the "all in one" polish for scratch removal, you might want to look at the Polish with Sealant instead. It can remove some marring (with the right pad). I've heard from another AZ resident that EX can last over 4 months easily there. (I don't have the same weather here, so no first hand experience that way.)
For light marring, I like SSR1 and a light cut pad (sometimes a green color, but that depends on the mfg.) or SSR2 and a polishing pad.
If you are going from a 3 step, you might look at an SSR (1 or 2), PwC or PwS, and EX as your new 3 step.

One thing I'd recommend is to have a good assortment of pads. Some people can get by with just a polishing pad, but I like versatility (and gadgets/accessories!).

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
NightyNight said:
Just bought a PC. I've been using OTC Meg's stuff for awhile, with their 3 step process. I decided to kick up the quality of the products I'm using to accompany my new PC.
This is what I'm considering buying, and the short steps after a wash/claying. I heard that Natty's wax doesn't hold up well to extreme heat (it gets in the 110's here) so will EX-P work as a sealant?

1. Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba (Blue)
2. EX-P

The car has light oxidation, swirls =(, light scratches. It's a metallic blue color, 01 Highlander.

Is there anything else to buy? I'm open to any and all recommendations, I've never experienced Poorboy's products before, so I'm open to trying anything you guys offer.

Welcome to our forum :D
I would start with SSR2.5, as I have lived in AZ and know the damage 6 years can do to a finish ...Use a polishing pad to start with and you may need to do a couple of passes. I would then also go with the Polish w/ Sealant using a polishing pad, and finish with the EX-P x 2 on a finishing pad :smt006