Alternative to Natty's Blue

N

Nic

I have read and seen excellent results in the UK on detailing forums on Poorboys Nattys Blue. I know NB is a paste and people are using it as there LSP,however, for me paste waxes disagree with me on the application process, I have to say, I do prefer liquid forumla waxes that I can apply direct to my pc pad instead of using an applicator pad or removing from the tub.

Is there a similar product like NB,but in the liquid version in the Poorboys range?

I look forward to your replies.

Nick.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Nic said:
I have read and seen excellent results in the UK on detailing forums on Poorboys Nattys Blue. I know NB is a paste and people are using it as there LSP,however, for me paste waxes disagree with me on the application process, I have to say, I do prefer liquid forumla waxes that I can apply direct to my pc pad instead of using an applicator pad or removing from the tub.

Is there a similar product like NB,but in the liquid version in the Poorboys range?

I look forward to your replies.

Nick.

Some people do apply Natty's with a pc, they either use a butter knife to spread it on or pop it out of the container and rub it on a pad.
An alternative would be EX. A few layers of EX can also give a deep, wet look. :)

N

Nic

I use to apply P21S to my pc pad by taking it out of the pot and applying the wax in the same way you discribed. In you answer are you refering to the EX-P or the EX-Sealant ?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Nic said:
I use to apply P21S to my pc pad by taking it out of the pot and applying the wax in the same way you discribed. In you answer are you refering to the EX-P or the EX-Sealant ?

EX as it has carnauba and can make a finish a little deeper..EX-P will make a finish brighter.

N

Nic

My apologises for the questions on EX, I was looking on the homepage of Poorboys World and I couldn't see it as it doesn't appear to be listed,however, Alex at SP in the UK has some, with a picture of the bottle,

Thanks for the help
Nick.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Nic said:
My apologises for the questions on EX, I was looking on the homepage of Poorboys World and I couldn't see it as it doesn't appear to be listed,however, Alex at SP in the UK has some, with a picture of the bottle,

Thanks for the help
Nick.
http://www.poorboysworld.com/ex-sealant.htm
Third item from the top on the home page.
(But I guess as long as you saw it on Alex's page, it's a moot point. :p )

D

Dannyboy

I just finished appling Natty paste using my new Griots pc and red pad. Read some application tips that others used a butter knife or spatula from the dollar store.
I used a regular small spoon (soup spoon is too big). Using the back of the spoon to pick up some wax and spreading it onto the pad, making sure that there were no lumps that may fly off. It did a super job and took very little product and very easy to wipe off.
I got the 6" and 3" Griots PC...works very well. I actually like the small 3" for doing around the morrors and door jambs.

Before the Nattys I applied a coat of White Diamond and a coat of EX-P...the car (white) was so bright that out in the sun that you needed sunglasses.

i'm good for the summer now...just have to keep it clean and a few applications of Spray and Gloss which I havn't tried yet.

N

Neston_Vasey

You can also get Natty's Blue in a liquid, I've got some in stock. As said above though you can apply the paste by machine with good results.

Surprised Liquid Natty's has not been mentioned yet.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
You can also get Natty's Blue in a liquid, I've got some in stock. As said above though you can apply the paste by machine with good results.

Surprised Liquid Natty's has not been mentioned yet.

The thread was started in 2006. No Liquid Natty's to mention at that time. ;)

N

Neston_Vasey

Dragged up from the past, my bad. Should have seen the dates but they're hard to see on a 3 1/2" screen.

D

Dannyboy

Some people do apply Natty's with a pc, they either use a butter knife to spread it on or pop it out of the container and rub it on a pad.
An alternative would be EX. A few layers of EX can also give a deep, wet look. :)

I applied 2 coats of EX-P on my red pickup and wanted to do a coat of Nattys paste...this was over a week ago and I never got to do the
paste wax due to the weather.
Just with the 2 coats of EX-P it looks great. I washed with Spray & Wipe mixed with 30% Spray and Gloss, fantastic shine.

I'll apply the Natty at a later date, its nice the way it is...bravo for EX-P great product.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Well since this thread was dreged up from the archives I think I'll take this time to state: once my current supply is out I think I am done with Natty's blue...That's right I love My Natty's Red that much :)

I have to say that I still find applying wax by hand to be soothing. If I was a professional then it would have to be by machine though, I 'm sure my rotator cuff would give out eventually.

sscully

Advanced Helper
Well since this thread was dreged up from the archives I think I'll take this time to state: once my current supply is out I think I am done with Natty's blue...That's right I love My Natty's Red that much :)

I have to say that I still find applying wax by hand to be soothing. If I was a professional then it would have to be by machine though, I 'm sure my rotator cuff would give out eventually.

On a light color car, I could see that easy.

The Mrs just had me use White Diamond & Natty's Red on her Electric Blue G6 this time. All pop, but very little depth ( she wanted the pop on the finish this time ).
I still have WD & Natty's Red on the front clip on my dark stone F150.
Has all sorts of pop, but the dark color looks ~ 2mm deep.
Once I get the time, I am going to PP it and go back to BH & Liquid Blue then 2 layers of BH & Natty's Blue paste and top with 1 coat of Red.

I will agree, there is something therapeutic about hand application and removal and you can do the work, and get instant feedback unlike my day job where there are days I feel like I am running in circles.

D

Dannyboy

I applied 2 coats of EX-P on my red pickup and wanted to do a coat of Nattys paste...this was over a week ago and I never got to do the
paste wax due to the weather.
Just with the 2 coats of EX-P it looks great. I washed with Spray & Wipe mixed with 30% Spray and Gloss, fantastic shine.

I'll apply the Natty at a later date, its nice the way it is...bravo for EX-P great product.

Update:
Finally did a coat of Nattys paste,easy on and easy off, but the truck looked just as good with the spray & wipe mixed with 30% S&G.. I
know I got a little more protection with the paste wax. Have to do another job of the S&W mixture because the truck being used back and forth
to the cottage and there is a lot of rainy days and dirty roads....hard to keep clean.