Advice Please

C

CEJ93

Good Day,

I have a friend with an '06 F150 that is metallic silver and he has an '03 expedition that is garnette red. I live in the Panhandle of FL and the humidity here is off the charts about 99.9% of the time. I have the pro polish with carnuba (blue) and the regular nattys. I am wondering what I should possibly get to help with the longevity of the job when I get started on it. Should I think about a sealant before I put some nattys on it? I have a taurus that I have layered nattys over the top of the pro polish on and it seems to be holding up well; but I have a carport that the car is under all of the time; his vehicles will be in the elements 100% of the time.

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Eric

P.S. I will be using a PC to apply polishes / sealants with if that makes any difference.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
Polish with Carnauba has some cleaners, so if you are applying it on top of Natty's, you are most likely removing the Natty Blue. To get the most benefit, you would use Polish with Carnauba -Blue, then top it with Natty Blue.

If your paint doesn't really need the polishing and cleaning properties of PwC, then use a softer finishing pad like the Lake Country Blue pad or the Black pad. A slower speed will help too. Top with a thin layers of Natty Blue and you should be all set. A second layer of Natty Blue will ensure even coverage and partially reinforce the protection.

You can maintain the shine and extend durability between waxings with some QW+.

awd330

Advanced Helper
You may want to consider using a sealant like EX-P instead of Natty's if your goal is increasing longevity. A few layers of EX-P on top of Pro Polish would be the longest lasting combo. Please note that there is no Pro Polish Blue. Polish with Carnuba Blue and Pro Polish are two different products.

BTW - My current favorite combo for silver colors is Polish with Sealant topped with EX-P.