Abrasiveness... would Pockets agree

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
I went with the Poorboy's pro polishes (Professional Polish & Pro Polish 2) instead of the SSRs since I'm using a Flex 3401.

Would pockets agree where Poorboy's products are placed on this chart? I think it's wrong but haven't gotten to detailing my car yet to see where they fall. How about some input on what agressiveness numbers they belong under.

http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm

Thanks in advance for any input.

If Pockets was up for it, I would love to see a chart created by Poorboys.... At least showing where the ranges are for each polish, since they are "pad dependant".

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I went with the Poorboy's pro polishes (Professional Polish & Pro Polish 2) instead of the SSRs since I'm using a Flex 3401.

Would pockets agree where Poorboy's products are placed on this chart? I think it's wrong but haven't gotten to detailing my car yet to see where they fall. How about some input on what agressiveness numbers they belong under.

http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm

Thanks in advance for any input.

If Pockets was up for it, I would love to see a chart created by Poorboys.... At least showing where the ranges are for each polish, since they are "pad dependant".

Hi Shawn you would have to make an odd chart as we use mechanical (M), chemical (C) and a combo of mechanical / chemical polishes and compounds (MC) ...

Most Aggressive to least

SSR3 - M
Master Cut- MC
PP2 - MC
SSR2.5 - M
SSR2 - M
SSR1-M
****PP - C ****
PwS - C
PwC & PwCb - C

Pro Polish is marked with *** as it can be used with a Rotary and Wool to do the work of a compound or with a foam finishing pad as a paint cleanser.

All the Pw's can also be used with multiple pads to achieve different results ...

That's about as close as I can get without getting into long paragraphs on how each product when matched with different pads can achieve different results .

Hope this helps ;)