Wheels are ready for winter

W

willjeep

IMG_1659.jpg

Well I put off my first full detail until next weekend. On the advice of forum members I ordered the least aggressive clay bar and lube I could find. Mean while I got the wheels done, pro polish, two applications of wheel sealant and bright and bold jell for the tires. I have to say the sealant was very easy on and off, left a slick smooth feel on the rims. I am very pleased with the result. Was good practice for next week.

My new plan:

1. Wash / Clay bar

2. Polish PP

3. Black hole

4. EXP twice

Then after a Week

Natty's Blue twice

C

Crazy Banjo

Looks great so far. How do you plan to use the Pro Polish? By machine, which pad - several pads or just one? I am asking cause I am trying to learn how to use PP effectively :) . I used it some time ago, but that was not a success and I had to use other products.

W

willjeep

Looks great so far. How do you plan to use the Pro Polish? By machine, which pad - several pads or just one? I am asking cause I am trying to learn how to use PP effectively :) . I used it some time ago, but that was not a success and I had to use other products.

Banjo,

I am far from an expert that being said, I plan to apply the pro polish by hand using a cotton terry cloth applicator pad. From all the reading i have done the trick is use sparingly and work it in well, till it just about disappears. Then remove and buff with as many clean mf towels as needed. If it is as user friendly as wheel sealant it should be great.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Banjo,

I am far from an expert that being said, I plan to apply the pro polish by hand using a cotton terry cloth applicator pad. From all the reading i have done the trick is use sparingly and work it in well, till it just about disappears. Then remove and buff with as many clean mf towels as needed. If it is as user friendly as wheel sealant it should be great.

that's a pretty good plan :)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member

always try to use less and work it until it disappears .. it is pad dependent, so it will do what ever the pad will do .. buff, polish or cut etc..

W

willjeep

Wet & Wild! ready for winter (almost)

Spent a great day Detailing the Overland. Washed, clayed, washed, polished, glazed and sealed. It is going to rain tonight so I may redo the EXP tomorow. I put the products on thin, they came off like butter.

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg