What to use

jtford95

Advanced Helper
Hey all. Out of all Poorboy's products, what would be the best to use on semi truck paint? 2 stage epoxy & urathaine paints? I will be working outside this summer & in the sun. If that makes a difference. Thanks in advance. Joe 8)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hi Joe .. the product choice would really depend on what condition the finishes are in to start ... repair vs maintenance ;) Let us know and we'll give you a few options :)

jtford95

Advanced Helper
Hi Joe .. the product choice would really depend on what condition the finishes are in to start ... repair vs maintenance ;) Let us know and we'll give you a few options :)

It will be both repair & maintenance. There are swirlls in them from compounding. The paint is very hard.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would use Pro Polish2 and Professional Polish for the most part ... when you have it like you want it, then i would use Polish w/ Carnauba (white or blue) ... all of the above products are sun friendly in the summer by hand or machine .. :)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Pro Polish 2 (PP2) should repair anything you need it to .. Master Cut or SSR3 would be used if you were wet sanding first :)

jtford95

Advanced Helper
Guess one more question. What pads would you use with those polishes? I will be using the rotary & the pc.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I prefer to start with my Black pads and let the product be the abrasive ... some people like to start more aggressively and use White or Orange (Polishing / Light Cut).

It's really a trial and error based on experience and matching machine, product and pad ;)

jtford95

Advanced Helper
Ok. I will look on your site & see what you guys have. Thanks again! When I get stared with the trucks, I will post pix.

jtford95

Advanced Helper
Well, i finally got a chance to start the semi trucks I clean. I got the PP2 & some Polish with carnuba, White & orange vc Lake country pads. I am very happy with the PP2 & the polish! Looked great when I was done. Owner was very happy as well. The hood seems to get the most abuse, so it was the tuffest. Keep the rps low. No higher that 1400, backed down to 1000 to kinda put a little extra shine on it. Never used the orange pad. Main goal is to keep the paint clean & shiney. & swirll free. So far I didn't see any. Used a black pad I had for the polish. Really came out nice. Very nice. PP2 shined up the muffler cover & the stack really nice too. Took a hole 10 minutes by hand. I am very pleased with the products I bought & can't wait to do the rest of the trucks. There are 7 all together. & the BMW & Audi also. Thanks again!!!

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
awesome. I've been meaning for myself to really test in depth the PP2 I bought months ago, I'll get there eventually haha.

thanks for sharing your results jt.

jtford95

Advanced Helper
You are welcome john. I was very impressed with the PP2. Can't wait to do the rest of the trucks, some are worse than the one I did on saturday.

ronkh

Da King
Well, i finally got a chance to start the semi trucks I clean. I got the PP2 & some Polish with carnuba, White & orange vc Lake country pads. I am very happy with the PP2 & the polish! Looked great when I was done. Owner was very happy as well. The hood seems to get the most abuse, so it was the tuffest. Keep the rps low. No higher that 1400, backed down to 1000 to kinda put a little extra shine on it. Never used the orange pad. Main goal is to keep the paint clean & shiney. & swirll free. So far I didn't see any. Used a black pad I had for the polish. Really came out nice. Very nice. PP2 shined up the muffler cover & the stack really nice too. Took a hole 10 minutes by hand. I am very pleased with the products I bought & can't wait to do the rest of the trucks. There are 7 all together. & the BMW & Audi also. Thanks again!!!

need pics :)