What steps do I take?

S

sonic04stang

Hello everyone! I am very new to this. I have always cleaned my vehicles once a week with typical otc stuff but recently i have started looking into using better quality cleaning materials. I just purchased Poorboy's Polish w/Carnauba, Exp, natty blue and natty red. I have a sonic blue mustang and just finished claying it very good. I have a few water spots left on the hood. What should my steps be with the products I already have? I have a flex on the way with orange, white and black 5.5" pads. thanks in advance! -eric

ronkh

Da King
The PWC might take care of the water spots (white pad). Might

If that doesn't work, I have had some luck with bug squash on water spots, then follow with pwc

Unless you have some rids (random isolated scratches) put the orange pad aside.

then PWC - black pad

then wax to your hearts content

S

sonic04stang

Ok I'll see if it removes the spots. If so I should apply EXP then wax correct?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
That's right.

I've used PwC to remove hard water film from a truck (lots of rust in the water). It does work but it may take quite a while, depending on how bad the few spots you have left are. PwC is pretty mild.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Yup, follow all the good tips mentioned. I haven't tried bug squash yet, but I like that tip on trying it on hard water Ron. I will try that when its time to order some.

An easy rule with paint correcting: if you have to question anything (new or future projects) always start from mild to harsh with both pads and polishes being used.

ronkh

Da King
BS worked also for taking wet/dry leaf marks out for me as well. That was on a jb bmw in new england

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
It was suggested to me to let the EX-P cure for 24 hours before topping with a wax.
You can apply more coats of the sealant same day. But wax the following day.