What Are You DETAILING This Weekend???

Dwayne

Operations Manager
I will be detailing my 2008 SLR McLaren Mansory Renovatio AND the Poorboy's World van this Sunday. What will you be detailing???

Did I say 2008 SLR McLaren Mansory Renovatio? I meant 2015 Corolla! My bad :smt003

jtford95

Advanced Helper
I will be detailing my 2008 SLR McLaren Mansory Renovatio AND the Poorboy's World van this Sunday. What will you be detailing???

Did I say 2008 SLR McLaren Mansory Renovatio? I meant 2015 Corolla! My bad :smt003

Dwayne. I can see how you would get the 2 confused. I often go out to detail my Porsche and there sits the family truckster. 2004 town and country. They look alike

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
This weekend I'll be detailing..erm...building elevated garden boxes for a client !

20151113_163559.jpg

Dang, think I found a project I can't use poorboys on. :smt019

Looks like I'll have to just QD+ my tools after I'm done :smt041

Dwayne

Operations Manager
You guys snap any pics of the McRolla, and snowblower ? :smt026 :smt047

The McRolla is not happy right now... drove over 400 miles this past weekend and got in too late to detail yesterday...

gwD2DaIu210agJOT1IG7eT7HvsBAOUJdtjs0udQeBxwhVWA3ggIYCglPNy3_MXy205kxbVKHVFcBakSCjQCLGj_mj6HEUNtcWHujbTTHJ_Tnk5r2GrfguQgXR5_FWDSSkJi7WNpBJVXPV1MQ1RT7SrfN4fpI28O96yv8i8uwLHgF8Ps-PS_FzH18-culSNEvbycX_-dSlLtegNrIZSfzpqqRe8t5ep-Ml1QRzO83FaOhYUccwm3OSiaHSdFoSco3b_YUSp8uKzuEuT7QR-7zYcyth16HB8rfBOKwq2kTWlM2laCQi2WmASZfIDKOZbMYvGHU5kjc_78IbqmzckyFhVnhTDfcs8taE74r_TPRqd8iNL9DJiI6hfkGbluiflZHcuyTTjF6wlJet_1qdIJUnMAFrChYQMBWDTnf0SXY-6wMgHseKYbO5pX871x7qdsF1m_G7zPr8Q_tSnhS9SXKD2FIOXkvyhkH1y_5yrdE81yej9YD5m_QNMuI_Wo9ejEoE-FUevkPZxOpmZrxA13sBNG-jb_sNg4J_ek0JF6hDH4=w1087-h815-no

Dwayne

Operations Manager
I tell you what, a bucket of Super Slick & Suds with a little Bug Squash added applied with our Mesh Bug Towel does make life a bit easier.

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
I have a 1939 Jaguar (original) on the schedule.

1939-Jaguar-1.jpg

Looks good from far away.
1939-Jaguar-4.jpg

Then when you get close.
1939-Jaguar-2.jpg

jtford95

Advanced Helper
God luck with that Mike. That great laquer paint. Old school there. Do you know how you are going to tackle it?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Do you have a paint gauge Mike? That hood looks nasty ... I would use Pro Polish and even do a test spot with PP2 ... after the paint is repaired, I would go with Polish w/ Carnauba Blue to avoid taking too much paint off but also to make sure that it is completely de-oxidized. Good Luck:smt045

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
Do you have a paint gauge Mike? That hood looks nasty ... I would use Pro Polish and even do a test spot with PP2 ... after the paint is repaired, I would go with Polish w/ Carnauba Blue to avoid taking too much paint off but also to make sure that it is completely de-oxidized. Good Luck:smt045

Yes, that is what I was going to do first.
My first step was to take at least 35 readings (in all the curves etc.) and document everything before even thinking about plugging in a polisher.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Yes, that is what I was going to do first.
My first step was to take at least 35 readings (in all the curves etc.) and document everything before even thinking about plugging in a polisher.

I agree ... may the whole thing should be done by hand?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
There ya' go goin' old Skool on me again...

All this technology and we have a block and sand paper...
There ya' go go all Jason Killmer on me.

Heck I made a living and career on people who thought their vehicles were too good to ever see a machine ;) and I have the shoulders to prove it :D