Wax removal on plastics

R

Rucky1066

Hi guys quick question for you.
I have polished my car with nattys blue wax & Got some on the textured plastic that has now got white stains. Can you please let me know how to remove these stains.

Many thanks Rucky

Ps note to myself purchase some masking tape for the next polish.

Wax on plastic is my biggest problem by far.
I have started using tape which is a big help.

If I do have to remove wax from plastic I will try every APC I have on hand with a soft brush and let it dwell for a few minutes, which seems to help.

I may try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser next.
Do not know if you can find this in the UK

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
the best cure is not to get it on the plastic, but APC is a great removal .. I like soft toothbrushes , remember it is only plastic ...

preventative methods are tape which can take a while if you are not used to doing it , or the simple way ... apply Trim Restorer to all trim prior to polishing or waxing and if you make an error, it will come off very easily ... also when detailing you should keep a damp cotton towel also for immediate wipe off of wax and polishes.

ps .. do not use Magic Eraser ... it will remove more than you want :roll:

R

Rucky1066

Cheers for the the replys.
Now got the 3 m blue tape on order ready for the next polish. Have had a go with the auto glym plastic vinyl cleaner that I had in the back of the cupboard. pS it is shit on the interior. But works to remove the wax marks. Will the naturlal interior cleaner do the same.

To correct myself the problem I have is with polish not the wax.
The wax I apply by hand so no problem but with polish and a flex with a mind of it's own some time I do have some small areas to clean.

Trying to move up to a rotary which I own.
Hope to pick up some tips at the Detailing Weekend next month.

Bunky

Advanced Helper
apply Trim Restorer to all trim prior to polishing or waxing and if you make an error, it will come off very easily ... also when detailing you should keep a damp cotton towel also for immediate wipe off of wax and polishes.

I have tried something similar in the past but then tape does not seem to stick to it as well.

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I typically go the painters tape route. You don't need high end stuff either since it won't be on there that long.

R

Rucky1066

I typically go the painters tape route. You don't need high end stuff either since it won't be on there that long.
Cheers I have ordered the blue 3 m stuff but will look the cheaper stuff next time round.