Trim Restorer

PoorGirl

Helper
I'm stuck with this cause it's lost it's blackness in some places :(

Someone mentioned boot polish but don't think I'm keen on that idea lol

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
try applying with a foam paint brush ..leave on , preferably in the sun, for an hour or longer if possible and then buff with a cotton towel ...

I've never heard of anyone mixing TR .. Some people also prefer to use QD+ or Spray & Gloss on certain plastics

Just read this post last night. Used QD+ on my Ford Explorer plastic flares.
Wow.. What a quick way to bring back dull plastic.
I thought Trim Restore was the only thing that worked.
I'll be trying spray and gloss next.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
All manufacturer plastics react differently when applied with various products. I like Spray and Gloss for a real nice looking trim, but it is only water based , but easy to reapply as needed. Just remember to buff with cotton on trim ;)

Edit ... Spray and Gloss and QD+ are for maintenance of good trim .. Trim Restorer is what is says .. a restorer .. :)

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Here's a question I just thought of..

Microfibers (good ones IMO) have a nice polyester polyamide blend. For terry towels, most are 100% cotton that I use.

Do they made any sort of blend for terrys, or any sort of variance in "fabric weave" from towel to towel? I'm just wondering if there's something fancier I could be using? :smt017

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
sure there is .. remember before microfiber (yes I'm old) all we had was cotton and cotton blends .. for working on trim, you don't want the most absorbent cloth as it will be sucking off all the dressing you are trying to apply and leave behind ... you want one the will spread and work into the material, whether trim or interior parts. I have used Egyption cotton, flannel, terry, fleece, just to name a few ..

MacFella

Helper
Hi all.

I managed to get a small amount of this product onto my car upholstery, which has left a dark stain. Any advice as to how to treat this? Thanks in advance.

Dwayne

Operations Manager
Hi all.

I managed to get a small amount of this product onto my car upholstery, which has left a dark stain. Any advice as to how to treat this? Thanks in advance.

What have you tried so far? Cloth or leather upholstery? This happened to me before on cloth seats and I have used well diluted APC with a very soft bristle brush to agitate with good results. After using the APC I rinsed with clean water, vacuumed/extracted thoroughly and left the windows down on a breezy day to help it dry somewhat quickly.

MacFella

Helper
Cloth upholstery. I've not tried anything as yet - thought it best to get some advice first in case I did more damage!

Dwayne

Operations Manager
That's good thinking. Whether you use a diluted APC or designated upholstery cleaner, it's also a good idea to test a small hidden area on cloth upholstery to check for color fastness.