Tree Sap

jsf721

Helper
What would be the best way to remove tree sap from a polished black car? Not too concerned with removal of LSP just looking to avoid re-polishing if at all possible.

ronkh

Da King
I've used a combination of soakin with bug squash then alternate with soaking with apc.

After each soak, use the bug cloth to remove what comes off.

worked with this

1222777675.jpg

1222777704.jpg

1222777729.jpg

1222777754.jpg

to this
1227307535.jpg

jsf721

Helper
Thanks my friend. Guess I have some work to do this evening. I love bug squash on bug guys but I was not sure if I would attack tar.

Have a great day and thanks for the PIC's

Scott P

Advanced Helper
I've always had good luck with isopropyl alcohol. Moisten a microfiber towel and dampen the sap spot with it. Very gentle rubbing/wiping should reduce and eliminate it. You might need a couple applications.

ronkh

Da King
Thanks my friend. Guess I have some work to do this evening. I love bug squash on bug guys but I was not sure if I would attack tar.

Have a great day and thanks for the PIC's

gonna take work and patience........

and we know i don't have patience

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I'd test a spot with either way and find out which works best on this type of sap and then go from there... imo if it's sticky to the finger, i'd go APC first..

jsf721

Helper
Got the sticky mess off with Bug Squash and all that remains is a shadow visible from a steep angle. Now what? Pro Polish? if yes, What color pad?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Got the sticky mess off with Bug Squash and all that remains is a shadow visible from a steep angle. Now what? Pro Polish? if yes, What color pad?

yes. Pro Polish ... try a black pad first ... go with the least aggressive method ... if there are only a few, you might just want to do it by hand and a cotton cloth

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
On fairly fresh tree sap (less than a week old) that covers the car like rain (small dots but totally covering) I've found that Bug Squash at a 1:3 ratio with water, misted onto the car fairly heavily (so it starts to run off the vertical panels) and allowed to dwell for a couple minutes can loosen the sap to the point that spraying it with a coin op wand will pretty much spray the car clean.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
On fairly fresh tree sap (less than a week old) that covers the car like rain (small dots but totally covering) I've found that Bug Squash at a 1:3 ratio with water, misted onto the car fairly heavily (so it starts to run off the vertical panels) and allowed to dwell for a couple minutes can loosen the sap to the point that spraying it with a coin op wand will pretty much spray the car clean.

that's a good tip too :smt112