Time for full detail. Any tips appreciated!

1 high bald guy

Ok fellow PB buddies. I have been reading the forums for awhile now and tried to collect as much knowledge as I can. I am just waiting for most of my products to come in. Here is what im going to do.

Wash
Clay
-SSR2.5 w/ LC white or orange (depending if i need more bite) speed 5
-SSR1 w/ LC white speed 5
-Black Hole w/ LC black speed 3 do i prime pad?
-EX Sealant w/ LC black or blue? which pad should I use? do i prime pad? (wait 1-2 days til EX cures then apply natty)
-Natty Blue w/ foam applicator or mf sponge? do i prime the foam pad or mf sponge? any tips on application of natty?

Ill be sure to post before and after pics. I might leave the BH step out if i dont have much time. I am going to have my hands full since my truck is lifted. At least I can clean the undercarriage a bit easier! :lol:

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
Your SSR combo looks good. Make sure you breakdown the product completely before removing.

Black hole - you do not prime the pad with anything other than the product. Speed 2 or 3. My experience with BH and WD - you need very little per panel for it to make a difference. I am talking 1-3 pea drops. I actually use a foam applicator pad and rub until I do not see any on the paint. You do not want to use too much, for it will take forever for it to dry to a haze.

EX (EX-P) - prime the pad with water making it damp. I have used a black LC pad, nbut prefer to use a MF applicator (from PB's) dampened with water. Spread thin to where you cannot see it on the paint.

Nattys - same as EX for me - MF appplicator dampened with water. Spread thin til you cannot see it.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Some people apply the Natty right after the EX, but I would recommend waiting the 1-2 days. I actually wait until the next time I wash the car before adding a coat of wax.
EX can be applied with a primed pad. To prime, don't soak the pad, just dampen it. You can use water or a QD. Apply it with your softest pad, as it is just being applied to the surface (not doing any correction) so your surface should already be as flawless as you can get it.
Black hole should be applied to a dry foam pad (as per the instructions). I haven't experimented with it to know what differences there may be otherwise.
The Natty can be applied via either foam or MF. Personal preference, mostly. Foam doesn't seem to hold in as much product, though.

Make sure you apply both the EX and Natty in THIN coats. Thick makes removal harder and you just waste the excess product.

1 high bald guy

good idea, ill just apply nattys the next time i wash my car. Ill use either a mf sponge or foam app.

So should i use EX (w/ carnuba) with a blue pad since its softer then the black?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Yep. Looks like LC goes Black, Blue, Red... from "most" to "least" aggressive. I can't say as I've ever heard of anybody using a red pad, though. I wonder how much softer they would be?

1 high bald guy

same here, i didnt even know they had red til i looked on their website. i might have to pick up an extra pad since i only have
2 oranges
3 white
2 black/grey
1 blue

has anyone used the red pac by LC?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
sounds like you have a good plan 5-6 for the SSRs and 1-2 for the Black
hole is about the only advice I could add :D

B

Bassman007

Speaking of EX - P, does it 'cure' after 18 hrs? It rained pretty good today, EX P was put on yesterday, 18 hrs prior.