Super Slick & Foam Pre-Soak For Foam Gun or Foam Cannon

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
I just picked up some Super Slick & Foam Pre-Soak For Foam Gun or Foam Cannon t Detail Fest 2017.

ssf32.jpg

I had the privilege of testing of testing the beta version of the product.
The "beta" product had a LOT of foam!...Dwayne says the final product is BETTER!
I really enjoyed the "beta" product. I'm looking forward to to trying out the final product!

Merlin

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
thanks for the testing and thank you for visiting with us this past weekend at Detail Fest :)

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
excellent video ... so was my description accurate :)

Super Slick & Foam Pre-Soak For Foam Gun or Foam Cannon

DESCRIPTION:
"It goes on like Spray insulation. It's thick, it clings and it lasts!"

You don't need a huge powerful gas pressure washer!
Gas pressure washers are a pita to use and maintain.
My little baby PW does a GREAT job & fits on the shelf.

It works AWESOME & lays down tons lubricity for your wash mitt.
Did I mention that it has a wonderful (PB signature) grape smell?
(I call it "Goofy Grape" )

grape.gif

This has instantly become my favorite foam cannon pre-wash soap!

You have knocked this one out of the park!

Merlin

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
2014 Volvo S60 gets a bath...revised

Turn up the volume!
[video=youtube;yisBmnoQw_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yisBmnoQw_U[/video]

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
This soap also re-foams in the bucket very well when adding more water, enough so that my grit guard could be used at children's parties to make soap bubbles.

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
Careful...It will make you go snow blind...

[video=youtube;wpD33WIq3GM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpD33WIq3GM[/video]

It's thick. It clings. Tons of lubricity. It lasts and the application looks like spraying insulation!

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
[video=youtube;xOoWezIMVnU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOoWezIMVnU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
Just a FYI - You don't need a big powerful gas pressure washer to make Super Slick & Foam Pre-Soak For Foam Gun or Foam Cannon perform!

I use a "tiny" electric PW from Home Depot http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-Ryobi-1-600-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141600/205566079 BTW - It's on sale now for $79
It is tiny. It fits on my shelf. No Maintenance (gas/oil etc.) I'm not trying to clean my driveway/sidewalk or peel paint off my house.

hqdefault.jpg

My goal was to safely wash vehicles (low power), ease of use, convenience, and the least amount of time and effort to setup and use.
With all that in mind Super Slick & Foam Pre-Soak is the ONLY foam cannon shampoo I've used that produces impressive results from this small PW.

Now on to my next soliloquy...

The two things I do not like are...

A foam cannon on the end of a LONG STICK!
EQP_305-5.jpg

(Yeah, I know it's not a Poorboy's pic but it got your attention)

So for that issue I purchased a small PW gun (no stick)
612%2BhyOkbYL._SY355_.jpg

It is looks like this small setup when assembled.
pressure-washer-foam-cannon-1.png

and second item is, the Ryobi 1,600 PSI 1.2-GPM Electric Pressure Washer (25' included) hose is too short.

For that I purchased a 1/4 in. x 25 ft. Extension Hose from Home Depot for the PW. IIRC it was $29 dollars.
The extension hose sure beats picking up and moving the Pressure Washer around the vehicle when using it.
The 3 items (PW, small PW gun & 25 ft. Extension Hose) came in a little over $100 for the PW & both add-ons.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Thanks Mike for the videos and information .. I think I might want to pick one of those up for my washing at the house ..

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
How long have you had the Ryobi? I recently bought a gas powered PW because my electric one was on the way out (after 1 year of minor use) and I wanted to clean gutters, siding, concrete as well. However, that little guy is small enough that if it lasts a few seasons it would be worth it.

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
Thanks Mike for the videos and information .. I think I might want to pick one of those up for my washing at the house ..

IMHO If your looking to "wash your house" this tiny PW may not be what your looking for. I pick this model because it's small and safe on paint.
I will admit...It does have a black "potato cutter" attachment that I NEVER use on a car. Even with this little machine the "potato cutter" is serious!
I picked this unit for its size a portability. It's about the size of two shoe boxes. I also like the "No maintenance" part. I use it, drain it & put it away.

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
How long have you had the Ryobi? I recently bought a gas powered PW because my electric one was on the way out (after 1 year of minor use) and I wanted to clean gutters, siding, concrete as well. However, that little guy is small enough that if it lasts a few seasons it would be worth it.

I've had mine a couple of years with no mechanical issues. I will admin it does leak "a little" at the garden hose fitting area.
However, that could be my fault. I attached a "hose quick disconnect" fitting on the pressure washer for easy hose removal.
To overcome the leak issue I wrap a small (old used) microfiber towel around the pressure washer hose fitting & I ok with it.

Side note.
I put a quick disconnect on the end of the hose.
I put the other end on the pressure washer side.
These little items sure beat unscrewing the hose.

Quick%20Disconnect.jpg

Another Side Note:
Be sure it is connected on solid or it will pop off.
Push the ring forward to lock it. Not a big deal.

If it does pop off water goes everywhere...
Immediately turn off the pw without water in it.

Also:
I put a hose shut off valve on the end of the hose.
This saves walking back and forth the the faucet.
Hose-Quick-Shut-off-valve.jpg

These two items may be causing the PW leak.
I will put up with the leak for the convenience.
I have found these two items are very handy.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I just got one for my Birthday :) Thanks Dwayne :) ... no I was not going do the house ..just do the wife's and kid's cars ;)

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
I just got one for my Birthday :) Thanks Dwayne :) ... no I was not going do the house ..just do the wife's and kid's cars ;)

IMHO with a Low Pressure foam gun and some PB Super Slick & Foam Pre-Soak For Foam Gun or Foam Cannon Shampoo it should be perfect.

I wanna video!
[video=youtube;SYYEWo-oD3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYYEWo-oD3c[/video]

Last edited:

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I've had mine a couple of years with no mechanical issues. I will admin it does leak "a little" at the garden hose fitting area.
However, that could be my fault. I attached a "hose quick disconnect" fitting on the pressure washer for easy hose removal.
To overcome the leak issue I wrap a small (old used) microfiber towel around the pressure washer hose fitting & I ok with it.

Side note.
I put a quick disconnect on the end of the hose.
I put the other end on the pressure washer side.
These little items sure beat unscrewing the hose.

Quick%20Disconnect.jpg

Another Side Note:
Be sure it is connected on solid or it will pop off.
Push the ring forward to lock it. Not a big deal.

If it does pop off water goes everywhere...
Immediately turn off the pw without water in it.

Also:
I put a hose shut off valve on the end of the hose.
This saves walking back and forth the the faucet.
Hose-Quick-Shut-off-valve.jpg

These two items may be causing the PW leak.
I will put up with the leak for the convenience.
I have found these two items are very handy.

Thanks, most electric PW don't last too long (usually the pump dies, which is what is happening with my Black Max PW) so it is good to see these last a few seasons. The wife says I do not need a electric PW to complement my gas one, i think 2 tools are better than one. :)

I had similar quick disconnect and they always leaked, now I have some all brass ones from Green Thumb and they don't leak but they also don't stop the water flow so the valve is also nice. Definitely make set up and tear down a lot more efficient.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Have you had any issues with the short handle? My normal wand is completely shut off if the trigger is not pressed, but with the short wand it is constantly dribbling water. I think I am going to exchange it as faulty but I am curious if it is a common issue.

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
Have you had any issues with the short handle?
My normal wand is completely shut off if the trigger is not pressed, but with the short wand it is constantly dribbling water.
I think I am going to exchange it as faulty but I am curious if it is a common issue.

The short handle I have is a cheapie I purchased off ebay.
I have found that if you pull the trigger a little forward (after use) it stops the leak.
See if that works for you. If not then yours may be faulty.
I always unscrew it and remove it from the hose (and drain it) when done.

Merlin

Take Pride in your Ride!
Having Fun with the Foam Cannon!

Pretty Pink
[video=youtube;KTMx0623Pqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTMx0623Pqs[/video]