SSR Products For Removing Fine Scratches

T

Tpratt275

Is the SSR line of products good to use to remove just fine scratches in the paint? I have a Jeep with some very minor brush scratches and a motorhome with some tree branch scratches. None of the scratches go all the way to the primer. There are not any swirls in the paint, so I wasn’t’ sure if this is the right line of products to use.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
welcome to our forum :smt039

I would go with Professional Polish, but if you have the SSR's I would probably use SSR2 which is a nice polish with minor correction

T

Tpratt275

Thank you Admin for your response. I don't have any SSR products. I was just preparing an order from Autogeek. I do have Poorboy’s Ex-Sealant so reading the description for Professional Polish sounds like it will do the trick to remove those minor, hardly can see, scratches from my vehicles. Thank you.

sscully

Advanced Helper
I like to use Pro Polish.
- I have SSR line, but I find PP works better for me.

The other nice thing, it works great for cleaning chrome and bathroom fixtures in the house as well.

Without a picture of the defects, it is hard what to suggest. I would start with a black ( LC color code ) pad and see where to go from there.
- might get the job done with 2 passes or you might need to step to a white pad, depending on what you call Fine Scratches.

After you get done with removing the defects, go with ProPolish on a Blue pad for the follow up polishing prior to applying your LSP of choice, you won't be sorry.