SSR 2.5 to SSR 1 to Klasse High Gloss Sealant

vdub_dave

Helper
So I am about ready to begin the process on my dark blue 2000 Passat. As the title states above this is my process:

Claybar
SSR 2.5
SSR 1.0
Klasse High Gloss Sealant

My question is, would it be better protection to apply another coat of wax over the sealant or just leave the Klasse as the final step? I am fairly new to this multi-step process and I have discovered that I need to use an orange pad with the SSR 2.5 on the blue car...(I used my PC a few times on my other car that didn't have too many swirls, so I was able to get away with just a white pad and SSR 1 and some wax.

Any thoughts or insights? Thanks in advance.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hi Dave welcome to our forum ... It really is a matter of looks at that point.. if you have very harsh winters, then extra protection will always help

vdub_dave

Helper
I am here in the Northwest where the winters aren't harsh, they are a bit soggy at times. I was just wondering if it was really necessary to apply a coat of say... the Nattys Blue Paste Wax over the sealant to help ensure I can possibly go longer between waxing. Thanks

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Probably the best way to prolong time between waxing is to use a spray wax like QW+ (or at minimum QD+) after each wash.