Spray and Wipe vs Spray n Gloss

J

jsfm35x

I get the spray n wipe and I love it. From what I know this is a waterless cleaner and a pre-wash/clay lube right?

The spray n gloss is a Quick detailer correct-Used on a a wet car as a drying lube and a dry car when used as a quick detailing?

Does the Spray n Gloss contain any wax or sealant?

Which of the above is good to mist the car prior to drying.

Thanks

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
S+G has no protection boosting ability.

Which of the above is good to mist the car prior to drying.
S+G (as you mentioned)
Used on a a wet car as a drying lube

You could use S+W after washing, as an added lubrication in case you didn't get the car clean, but typically S+G would be the "proper" choice.

F

falkor65

Spray and Gloss adds NO protection either ? Really ? None ? So Spray and Wipe and Spray and Gloss are worthless if you want a little added protection ? I thought Spray and Gloss has a slight protection ability . Dang . Does Poorboy's offer any product that adds a little protection that is as simple to use and makes the car look good ? I thought I understood Spray and Gloss to add a little . My car is protected but , when I use something to clean it up between washes , I want a slight benefit of protection on top of what I already have on the car . Not looking for a qulick wax . Slight protection and shine that is used just like either of these other 2 products ? Maybe I misunderstood one of the guys telling me what I thought I heard . Please lead me to the product if they indeed have one .
Thanks
S+G has no protection boosting ability.

S+G (as you mentioned)

You could use S+W after washing, as an added lubrication in case you didn't get the car clean, but typically S+G would be the "proper" choice.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Spray and Gloss DOES add a little protection if used regularly and is great for adding lubrication during drying .. Spray and Wipe can be used during drying but will not increase gloss like S&G ...

If you want more than just a light boost, then use QD+ or even QW+

F

falkor65

Thank you . I was just looking for a product to use on a dry car that works as well as Spray and Wipe but , adds a slight bit of protection . Want to use it almost every day . I know Spray and Gloss does not clean . Does QD+ add almost the same shine as Spray and Gloss with the added ability to clean light dust ? Not trying to come across stupid but , I read things and then see opinions here that say otherwise . I read that QD+ cleans LIGHTLY and adds carnuba . Does your head hurt yet ? Mine sure does . Lol

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
if you have used our competitors QD's in the past you will find QD+ exactly what you are looking for ...it's a tiny bit finicky but that is only to those who are spoiled at the ease of use of Spray and Wipe and Spray & Gloss ...QD+ requires a tiny bit more buffing and you have to get used to using a very very little ... For those who have it figured out, the gallons and 5 gallons do not stay on our shelves long ... you might be best off trying them all in sample sizes and then figure it out for yourself. .. good microfiber is also an essential for making QD use fast and streak free

F

falkor65

Thanks . Since my car is opticoated , it almost sounds like spray and Glossmight be the way to go since it adds a bit of protection . Since iI will use it every day that the car is used , it would be strong enough to remove dust from the day ( not really dusty here ) and then garage it and cover it until I drive again . When the sale starts , might get both anyway . QD+ adds wax and is more on protection and slightly better on cleaning than Spray and Gloss . I think I am straight . Heck . I have been using Spray and Wipe for months and had no idea it added NO protection as the car cleans up sooooo effortlessly . Used the stuff every day i drive . Thought it added a bit of shine too . Must have all been the opticat . But wow . If I was dumb enough to see spray and Wipe do things it cannot do , Spray and Gloss ought to work well . LMAO ! Thank you my friend . Loving Poorboy's .