Some questions about application...

R

rxer311

First of all I am going to do a full work up on my car for the first time. I have a 2007 Pearl White Subaru that has been waxed every 4 months.

For the job I purchased the following products and to my understanding I will use them in this order:

1. #1 swirl remover
2. Diamond Glaze
3. EX-P sealant wax

Is this the correct order?

Secondly, I have an orbital polisher that is on the economy side of the of the price scale. I am going to try and use it. It does not use velcro backed pads so this is what I was going to try.

I was going to use a lambs wool bonnet covered with a terry bonnet over it to apply the polish and a microfiber one to buff and remove. I will change bonnets between each product.

Any ideas or help?

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
As far as products go, you have the correct order. #1, glaze, EXP.

As far as your buffer, I am not familiar with that the wool pad and bonnet. I use the velcro pads on my PC, Flex and Rotary.

For the glaze you could use a foam applicator pad and for the EXP, I always have used a MF applicator dampened with water.

R

rxer311

If I skip the machine, could I polish by hand. What type of applicator pad should I use then?

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
Polishing by hand - you can use PB's DMT MF towels - use the short nap side.

It might even be better to use PB's PWC by hand if you that.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
rxer311 said:
If I skip the machine, could I polish by hand. What type of applicator pad should I use then?

by hand I would use a cotton cloth with the SSR1 , remove with microfiber
the White Diamond and EX-P I would use a microfiber applicator or a foam applicator, again remove with plush microfiber.