Shelby pics

mcate

Advanced Helper
Well, my little experiment with another brand of detailing product is over. From time to time I get the itch to try other things, but I always come back to Poorboy's. (Not that I ever actually left!)
Anyway, to get the car ready for the big Mustang Club of America show I clayed it, & went over it really well with SSR1. Then, since I was in a bit of a hurry, I skipped Black Hole & EX-P & went directly to Natty's Blue. 4 coats later, & here I am.

No Poorboy's products under the hood, just thought I'd throw an engine pic in!

sscully

Advanced Helper
That turned out great.

Don't know if you are missing the BH.

I did an experiment last year, layering BH & Nattys blue on my Dark Stone ( think UPS brown ) F150. Next was layering White Diamond and Nattys red.

The Nattys red experiment, it had a ton of pop to it, but the finish looked about 2 mm deep.

Steve can correct me, think it is 3 layers of the testing it about it. I went 1 extra layer, and wouldn't you know it, he was right!

Good call with the Nattys blue.

mcate

Advanced Helper
I've always liked Natty's Blue on black cars. (I use Red on the wife's Race Red Mustang) The main thing I did differently on this was skip the sealant. Been wanting to try it for a while, but never got around to it. Since the car lives in the garage thru the week, & never sees bad weather, I figured I don't really need the longer protection from the sealant. I'll just throw a refresher coat of Natty's Blue on every few weeks.
As far as missing the BH, I really didn't on this detail. I see a lot more gains from it on brighter colors, like the wife's red car.

sscully

Advanced Helper
I only go BH when I am in a hurry these days and don't have time to correct the paint fully on the truck.
- The layering takes some time to do and I don't have a company car anymore so the truck cannot sit still that long.

the Mrs prefers red or WD w/ red on her electric blue car.
- She likes the electric blue metallic to pop and be brighter.

Depending on what look you are after on the red car, might want to Natty's red.

M

MrLaguna

Under the hood state you got there is excellent, really nice.

P

Pockets

Let me clean up the puddle of drool that's on my desk .....

Pretty jealous guy right here ... welllll other than it's black =p

mcate

Advanced Helper
Many thanx everyone! The car is safely in the garage, with cover on, awaiting spring & a FULL detail. Just ordered a new PC7424XP to replace my old 7336. Gonna take my time & get the inevitable black car swirls out of it, then polish with Pro Polish 2, a coat of Black Hole, a coat of EX-P, then start layering the Natty's Red on. Oh, if it was only March........

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Many thanx everyone! The car is safely in the garage, with cover on, awaiting spring & a FULL detail. Just ordered a new PC7424XP to replace my old 7336. Gonna take my time & get the inevitable black car swirls out of it, then polish with Pro Polish 2, a coat of Black Hole, a coat of EX-P, then start layering the Natty's Red on. Oh, if it was only March........

nice .. come to Florida and you can play all winter :D

mcate

Advanced Helper
Don't tempt me, Steve! My son is stationed on a ship in Mayport, & we've got family in Jax. It was +8 this morning on my way to work, so Florida sounds REAL good today. The wife & I talk about it all the time.....

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Don't tempt me, Steve! My son is stationed on a ship in Mayport, & we've got family in Jax. It was +8 this morning on my way to work, so Florida sounds REAL good today. The wife & I talk about it all the time.....

lol .. we stopped talking about ... it was 67 at 6:30am ... nice to go out for a walk or bike ride ;)