Sealant over wax

R

rossmeister

Greetings once again, everyone!

I think I read in a post somewhere that when EX or EX-P is used over a wax, that the wax will be re-positioned over the sealant. Or was I seeing things? Can't seem to find that thread/posting.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I'm no chemist but I would think that is something was strong enough to break up wax and migrate through it then I'll bet it would completely degrade the wax. Generally sealants have to go down first as they don't bond to wax all that well so...I'm chucking the wax migration idea into the voodoo bucket. :)

heck

Advanced Helper
ShinnyRex is correct.
I like to apply sealant wait aprox. 8 to 12 hours (for curing in the air) and then top with my wax, seems to last really well in the winter months for me.

R

rossmeister

I'm no chemist but I would think that is something was strong enough to break up wax and migrate through it then I'll bet it would completely degrade the wax. Generally sealants have to go down first as they don't bond to wax all that well so...I'm chucking the wax migration idea into the voodoo bucket. :)

Yep, the verdict is officially in. I've lost my marbles. Must be all that coffee I've been drinking lately....making me hallucinate or something.