Removing gasoline & Odor from carpets

T

tmacsad

I didn't see a post already for this so......does anyone have any suggestions about removing spilled gasoline (& left for a few days,) & the odor from carpets and the trunk comparment? I have been approached by several people to do this, but have never actually had to do the job.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I didn't see a post already for this so......does anyone have any suggestions about removing spilled gasoline (& left for a few days,) & the odor from carpets and the trunk comparment? I have been approached by several people to do this, but have never actually had to do the job.

are you using an extractor or shop vac? you will need to use a lot of soap and water as gas is lighter than water ... extractor would be best as you saturate the carpet the gas will lift out ... again if using an extractor, you can add one of our Air Fresheners to the water/soap mixture ... pulling the carpet and insulation is the best way and replacing the insulation / padding which is where most of the residue is

mcate

Advanced Helper
I had gas leak from the carb of a generator that I was hauling in the back of my wife's Expedition once. I had this stuff called "Nature's Miracle" that I'd bought from a pet store for cat urine. I used it for the gas spill & never smelled it again.