Protecting the hood of a car.

rabbi

My wife just bought a new car and it'll be outside 24/7. My question is how do I keep the cats (not mine) off the hood so they don't scratch up the car?
Thank you in advance! Rick

Go with a good quality car cover and you won't be buffing out the claw marks. A lot of folks are anti car cover but I have a car that sits outside 24/7 and without a car cover I would be washing it every day. Keep it tied down and don't get one that has that placticky stuff on the outside.. Nothing short of tying a dog to the car will keep a cat off the car. They love the hood after you drive it for the warmth.

rabbi

Go with a good quality car cover and you won't be buffing out the claw marks. A lot of folks are anti car cover but I have a car that sits outside 24/7 and without a car cover I would be washing it every day. Keep it tied down and don't get one that has that placticky stuff on the outside.. Nothing short of tying a dog to the car will keep a cat off the car. They love the hood after you drive it for the warmth.

That's the way I want to go but as of now she doesn't want to be taking it off and putting it on every day/night . Me? I'd do it in a heartbeat if it meant my car staying nice looking .

joed1234

Helper
Is there a leash law in your city? If so, find out where the cats live and send a letter of complaint to the owners. If that doesn't resolve the situation, call the animal control dept. and they'll send someone out to speak to the owners. Animal lovers can be a PITA with their out-of-control pets. I do that with barking dogs all the time; luckily the owners around here are reasonable most of the time.

rabbi

Is there a leash law in your city? If so, find out where the cats live and send a letter of complaint to the owners. If that doesn't resolve the situation, call the animal control dept. and they'll send someone out to speak to the owners. Animal lovers can be a PITA with their out-of-control pets. I do that with barking dogs all the time; luckily the owners around here are reasonable most of the time.
I was told there is no leash law but don't know for sure because I haven't looked into it.