Problem with Natty's Blue

G

Go-N Def

I applied NB with a Blue Pad on a PC set on 3.5, 24 hours after polishing with SSR1 and a coat of EX-P. I let it sit for 30 min and took it off with a MF towel.

It left some just barely visible streaking, kinda like an oil mark, in the direction of my last pass with the PC in each particular area. I tried some S&W, but it still it didn't help. As it got colder tonight, I could see swirl marks on the paint. Temps were as follows:

Yesterday 61 Deg F
Last Night 31 Deg F
Today 49 Deg F
Tonight 32 Deg F (and falling)

The last time I used it, I had a smililar problem, but I had put it on too thick, left it on too long, and only waited an hour after a coat of EX.

Does any one else have similar problems? What am I doing wrong?

I think I'm gonna try QD+ on it tomorrow. I've always had good result with it...

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
try applying by hand and overlapping...Natty's is not made to be applied by PC and Im sure the friction by using a PC caused the streaking as you worked right into the EX-P. If you do try again with a PC the speed should be no higher than 1 or 2 ...3 is a polishing speed :wink:

P

paradog

Poorboy said:
try applying by hand and overlapping...Natty's is not made to be applied by PC and Im sure the friction by using a PC caused the streaking as you worked right into the EX-P. If you do try again with a PC the speed should be no higher than 1 or 2 ...3 is a polishing speed :wink:

Really? I had never heard that before. I have always applied Natty's Blue by PC using a finishing pad or polishing pad. I have yet to experience what is being described here. What speed were you using and what type of pad? Were you using a MF bonnet?

G

Go-N Def

paradog said:
Poorboy said:

Really? I had never heard that before. I have always applied Natty's Blue by PC using a finishing pad or polishing pad. I have yet to experience what is being described here. What speed were you using and what type of pad? Were you using a MF bonnet?

Did you read the first post??? It pretty much explains it...

P

paradog

oh...I need to read more carefully. Yea now I see it...no cure time!