Pro polish on 3m venture shield

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
many people have done it both ways without a problem .. I would use med speed and a finishing pad ... and always test a small spot first if you have any doubt about any product whether auto related or not ;)

jsf721

Helper
Steve thanks for the reply. I actually had some spot on my car yesterday. A large majority was on the hood which is covered in 3M Venture Shield. I stated testing products to remove them. They were very stubborn and getting them off paint was much easier than the film. I am happy to report to you and the forum that I was able to clean them up with pro polish. I started by hand but after an hour of work and only completing a small section I moved to a DA. I used a GG DA with a Uber Green polishing pad at speed 4. I used about 10 pounds of pressure and worked the product in small sections. I worked it until the spots were gone and continued until the polish was just a slight haze on paint. Buffed of with a pb dmt and perfection. It was so easy and. Added so much gloss I did the whole car.
Wiped the car down with DI water and added 2 coats of black fire wet diamonds sealant.

I was curious to what speed you suggest for Pro Polish on a Porter Cable 7424xp? Getting good results so far. Thanks in advance.
Doug M ny country

jsf721

Helper
I was curious to what speed you suggest for Pro Polish on a Porter Cable 7424xp? Getting good results so far. Thanks in advance.
Doug M ny country
I polished it like it was paint in terms of pressure. I went to speed 4 then speed 5 using a Griots Gargae DA. The clear film was much more durable than I expected. Just don't work it too long because The heat can loosen the glue. I did about 4 passes (2 north to south and 2 east to west) then moved to the next spot. You can come back if you need more correction in a few minutes. I was at the point that if I didn't get the specs put I was replacing the film so I really went after it.

Good luck.