Pro Polish and SSR polishes

A

ajc347

Am I right in thinking that the level of agressiveness in terms of cutting ability for Pro Polish and the SSR range would be (from least aggressive first):

PP on a finishing pad
ssr1 on a finishing pad
ssr2 on a finishing pad

pp on a polishing pad
ssr1 on a polishing pad
ssr2 on a polishing pad
ssr2.5 on a polishing pad

ssr2.5 on a cutting pad
ssr3 on a cutting pad

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
yes ... but unless you are using a rotary, i wouldn't use SSR3 with a cutting pad ...

Professional Polish is pad dependent :smt002

S

skylineboy

I would add that your better using a light cutting pad with SSR2.5

I did a car with SSR2 and a polishing pad and I wasn't quite happy ( I was expecting more swirl to be removed). So, I guess that SSR2.5 with a polishing pad would do nothing.

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
Each car's paint will require a different combination. If you did not like the ssr 2 and polishing pad combo, you could have changed to ssr 2.5 and the polishing to see what difference it would have made. Yes the 2.5 is more aggressive and you should be amazed at how much the 2.5 will remove with a polishing pad. If that is not heavy enough, then use the 2.5 with a light cut pad (LC orange) and finish with a polishing pad and ssr 2 or 1.

A lot has to do with how hard the paint is. GM, VW, and others are hard as a rock while others Hodau, Hyundai or soft. So trial and error comes into play.

Good luck.

S

skylineboy

Redwings97 said:
Each car's paint will require a different combination. If you did not like the ssr 2 and polishing pad combo, you could have changed to ssr 2.5 and the polishing to see what difference it would have made. Yes the 2.5 is more aggressive and you should be amazed at how much the 2.5 will remove with a polishing pad. If that is not heavy enough, then use the 2.5 with a light cut pad (LC orange) and finish with a polishing pad and ssr 2 or 1.

A lot has to do with how hard the paint is. GM, VW, and others are hard as a rock while others Hodau, Hyundai or soft. So trial and error comes into play.

Good luck.

I understand but I thought that using anything higher than SSR2 would leave marring that need a second step like SSR1. And when I do customer's car and charge for a 4 hours job. I can't do 2 pass on a vehicule.