Poorboy's World Detailing Weekend 2014

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Poorboy’s World is proud to announce our 2014 Detailing Weekend June 21th & 22th

Event to be held at our warehouse/showroom located at 210 West Nyack Road, West Nyack, NY 10994

We would like to invite on-line enthusiasts, from any site, as well as local enthusiasts.

*Please feel free to post this on any other boards / forums you frequent.

One of our goals is to put faces to the names we talk to on-line.

We use the weekend format so there is time for personal interaction and instruction.

This year again, Pockets (Chris) will begin each day with an introduction to all our products in our showroom, followed by a short class with hands on demonstrations.
Our goal is to share techniques to use Poorboy's World products with hand and machine application to their fullest extent. We will have swirled and damaged hoods to learn or practice on supplied by our neighbors at the body shop . Individuals and families are welcome, but please no pets.

Cost

A $25 per car space for one or both days, ( if you bring a second car it's $25x2 ) plus a $10 food & drink fee for passengers.

It can be paid in advance by PayPal (send payments to poorboysworld@att.net), credit card, or check. Please send an email to info@PoorboysWorld.com if you would like to pay by CC or Check.

Your $25 fee will include:

1) A reserved parking spot
2) Lunch for either or both days
3) Ice cold bottled drinking water all day
4) The full line of Poorboy’s World branded products, except microfiber towels, clay, tape,pads etc...
5) Washing station with power washer, buckets, and mitts for washing vehicles.
Sorry, no brushes will be provided.
This year we will also have a sign up sheet for the washing tent
6) A few pop-up tents will be available by lottery style ..not first come first serve ..we encourage you to bring your own tent
if it's going to be hot.

Checklist for Attendees
For those of you planning to attend Poorboy's World Detailing Weekend, here is a quick checklist of items that will be provided on-site as well those items you are expected to bring yourself.

Your responsibilities:

- Upon arrival, Sign in at the registration table

- Park where indicated in assigned spots

- If possible, arrive with a freshly or recently washed vehicle. While washing implements will be available on site, time would be better spent on other aspects of detailing.

- Provide your own PC, Flex and/or rotary buffer along with all necessary accessories such as electrical extension cords(50+ feet preferred), pads, bonnets, wrenches, and connectors. (
*Porter Cable 7424xp and Flex 3401vrg will be available for sale)

- Provide your own masking tape, clay, applicator pads and microfiber towels. (
*Clay, Pads and towels will be available for sale at the show)

- If desired, bring your own lawn chairs and sunscreen.

- PLEASE LEAVE ALL OTHER BRAND PRODUCTS AT HOME

- At the end of the day, please clean up after yourselves.

While many of you may delight in comparing detailing products from various manufacturers, please keep in mind that this weekend is being sponsored by Poorboy's World. This is an opportunity for everyone to try Poorboy's World products and get personal hands-on help, and experience, with our line. So, it would be considered good manners to stay on topic by focusing our attention on Poorboy's World products for the duration of this event.

FAQ

Q: What are the hours of the Event?

A: Please arrive no earlier than 9am either day as we will be setting up. The event ends approx. 4pm each day , but if you are still working it's ok ;)

Q: Is the goal to Detail Each and Every car exterior?

A: After meeting and greeting this year we will have an into to Poorboy's World products and their uses, followed by a question and answer time. We will then give a brief tour of our new facilities and move on to machine demonstrations, as well as claying and possibly wet sanding too. Everyone else who does not participate in the class and tour, will be detailing their own car. Some people will be here just for helping others...it's a great opportunity to watch other people and how they get their results. Pockets & I will be walking around and will try to help everybody we can. We would like to see everyone leaving at the end of the weekend with a shiny car, so we can take pictures and then share with the rest of the on-line communities.

There will be more information as we progress and all suggestions pertaining to the event are welcome!
icon_wink.gif

We also need to know if you will be requiring a hotel room , so we can try and work out a deal with a local and convenient place.

Let us know if you have any questions or comments
icon_smile.gif

P

Pockets

The weekend is posted up in a few different places =)

Interest is building we are going to have a good one this year again!

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Steve/Pockets, Good Luck! I had a great time but unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. One great tip I got last year from Eandras1 is to get a cheap moving blanket from Harbor Freight to put your equipment on while you work. It's an awesome idea for a mobile set up.

26point2

Do I need to sign up and pay in advance or should I just show up w/some cash?

I have a red Audi A3 that I just can't seem to get swirl free.

Thanks.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Steve/Pockets, Good Luck! I had a great time but unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. One great tip I got last year from Eandras1 is to get a cheap moving blanket from Harbor Freight to put your equipment on while you work. It's an awesome idea for a mobile set up.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it this year .. hopefully you can make the next ;)

Do I need to sign up and pay in advance or should I just show up w/some cash?

I have a red Audi A3 that I just can't seem to get swirl free.
Thanks.

That is your choice, but we do not guarantee un-paid spots ... there are usually specials for those who pay in Advance :)

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
I was unable to go to the detail fest on west coast of Fl this year, and doubt I'll be able to make your event this June. This looks like an awesome gathering to chat it up with fellow detailers and try and learn a few things, I have yet to attend one. Looking forward to some pictures.

P

Pockets

Steve and Pockets,

I plan on attending at least one day. Will send payment in a few days.

Ed

Awesome Ed looking forward to seeing you!

I was unable to go to the detail fest on west coast of Fl this year, and doubt I'll be able to make your event this June. This looks like an awesome gathering to chat it up with fellow detailers and try and learn a few things, I have yet to attend one. Looking forward to some pictures.

It's a blast! Maybe one year in the future =)

Just Joined

Just joined your Forum.
Found out about your weekend event on Auto Geek but not a lot of comments.

You are about 3.5 hours away from me so I payed for the weekend.

Have a few choices of vehicles to bring just have to figure it out.

Any idea on a place to stay???????

Thanks,
Ed

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Just joined your Forum.
Found out about your weekend event on Auto Geek but not a lot of comments.

You are about 3.5 hours away from me so I payed for the weekend.

Have a few choices of vehicles to bring just have to figure it out.

Any idea on a place to stay???????

Thanks,
Ed
Hi Ed and welcome to the forum .. glad to have you at the event ...

Lodging information is usually made a little closer to the event so we can give the hotel an idea of how many rooms we need and for how many nights.

The hotel usually used is the Hampton Inn in Nanuet, NY 10954 ...

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Event update ... spaces are filling in :)

looks like we will have a great turn out and we found out yesterday that AWD330 (Marj) who moved to Florida, is flying in for the event ...

Marj and I started this event in 2003 in a borrowed Chevy Dealer's lot ... just wouldn't be the same with out her.

Anyone needing a hotel for one or more nights, please give us a pm or post , so we can negotiate with the hotel.

Thanks and we are looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible

ps ... there are special gifts for those who preregister by May 30th ;)

Eandras1

Advanced Helper
That is good news that Marjnwill be there. I enjoy talkinhg with her about her detailing experience.

Ed

awd330

Advanced Helper
I had totally forgotten about going on that burger run to Wendy's. Didn't we go to a wings place too, or was that a different event? We were at that Chevy dealership for a couple of years.

P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at next month's event.