poorboys wheel sealant

I just received the wheel sealant a few weeks ago and appield 3 coats to my wheels and I am loving the reduction in brake dust on my car.(brembo brakes)I usually use mr clean magic eraser and water and then microfibers to wipe them off when the car is clean that is and just has been driven after quick detailing and such that I do daily.How ften should I reapply the wheel sealant on my daily driven car?Would every 2 weeks be wasting product or worthwhile?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Every 2 weeks may be ok to re-apply a coat, but I would't put 3more on.

Just in case you didn't know, Mr. Clean erasers are somewhat abrasive, so I wouldn't recommend using them on paint.

Also, just a heads up for anyone new to detailing that reads this post, if you use mf cloths on wheels, make sure you keep them separate from the other mf's-wash them by themselves too. Brake dust can scratch paint and likely won't wash out completely.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would wait at least a couple months before re-applying or at least until there were signs that it was becoming difficult to remove the brake dust with a simple soap and water wash.

ps ..good points Bigleegr :smt006

Thanks for the reply.of course I only use them on my wheels have only light brake dust and when they are clean recently.I hope nobody would be dumb enough to use mr clean magic eraser on paint :lol: but they are a lifesaver cleaning with water only and light touching on my aluminum wheels

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
audiophile64 said:
Thanks for the reply.of course I only use them on my wheels have only light brake dust and when they are clean recently.I hope nobody would be dumb enough to use mr clean magic eraser on paint :lol: but they are a lifesaver cleaning with water only and light touching on my aluminum wheels

if the Aluminum wheels are coated, they are coated with clear , which is a paint and will look scratched after a while. Even if they are uncoated, be careful or you will need to polish them to remove the scuffs. :)

I have been using them faithfully since I bought the car 2 years ago and my wheels still look perfect.Of course you soak them with water and squeeze out some of the excess and I only use them when the wheels are clean with a day or 2 of brake dust on them.Yes I would not use to clean dirty wheels only if the car is clean and no rain for like a week or more than I will use them wet of course to remove that couple of days worth of dust off of recently cleaned wheels.Before I got the wheel sealant I would just wax the wheels like after every other wash but the poorboys sealant is definitely making it much easier to clean my wheels.I will get more without a doubt when the container is empty.