Polish with Sealant Appication Questions

C

cullen2505

If I am using PwS to remove light swirls and fine scratches with a PC 7424, what Edge 2K pad and what speed would you suggest? If I am applying PwS with the PC as glaze/sealant, what Edge 2K pad and what speed would you suggest? How long do you wait before removing the PwS? Thanks for your help with my questions.

awd330

Advanced Helper
For very light swirls (also known as spiderwebbing) and scratches, your first choice of Edge pads would likely be the regular polishing pad (blue). If you find that your imperfections are more severe than you first thought, you can try a second pass with the polishing pad or move up to the light cut texture (orange). The slightly heavier light cut pad (green), does not seem to work as well with PwS as the orange one. I find that the green pad works better with abrasive polishes while the orange pad works better with chemical polishes.

Speed will be dependent upon the severity of the paint defects. Somewhere within the 4.5-5.5 range (with short bursts at 6) would be my choice for polishing. For use as a glaze/sealant, 3.5-4.5 could be used along with an Edge finishing pad (white).

PwS is very user friendly. Removal of residue can be immediately after a single panel or left until after the whole car is polished. Personally, I do my vehicles in 3 or 4 sections and wipe off after each section.

C

cullen2505

Thanks for answering all of my questions. I look forward to using the PwS.