Please say hello and give everyone a little information

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Hi Everyone ..I'm Steve the owner of Poorboy's World and Poorboy's World Forum. I am an avid lover of cars and making them shiny. I'm located in New York and am proud to bring everyone a place to learn and share your knowledge of my products. I've been taking care of cars since the early 1960's and hope I can share some of my experiences and knowledge as well as learn from some new information too. Learning is a never ending cycle and there is no one who knows everything about detailing. Let's all enjoy ourselves. Remember my signature ..life is short..do it while you can :D

B

Booyaa

Hello

Hello Steve and congratulations on finally becoming motivated enough to create a board that is specifically dedicated to "Poorboys" products. I'm a full time self employed Fleet Washer & Detailer in SoCal, and have 2 fixed locations where we do this work 4 to 6 days per week. After years of buying different products I finally settled on Poorboys products (about 2 years now) as my overall choice over all other products, and as a commercial guy it's made it alot more convenient to use one companies product. Good Luck with the new board!!!

R

Rob

New to PBW.net

Hey all,
I'm Rob. I am one of Steve's distributors and a detailing fanatic and reformed postwhore (can I say that?). Anyways, nice to have a cozy little board dedicated to the good stuff. I digress, I have a chemistry degree and love the "Mythbuster" approach to detailing questions so bring it on! Most of all I love the awesome tips I pick up from you all so keep 'em coming. :wink:

N

netspec

Intro

Hello Everyone,

My name is Leon and love the poorboys product line. I purchased a new '05 F-150 last year and I enjoy making sure it's the cleanest one in my area (Greenbelt, MD). I'll be popping in from time to time in order to gather tips and trade secrets from some of the pros. So many products, so few cars! :D

V

vwgtivw

My name is Dan. I have been detailing cars for the last 15 years mostly body shop and used car. I also wholesale used cars so I have done my share of wet sanding and hard rubbing.I have done everything from high end cars to low end used cars. The one thing I have learned is that you can learn something new everyday.

P.S. I have the same name on DC

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
vwgtivw said:
My name is Dan. I have been detailing cars for the last 15 years mostly body shop and used car. I also wholesale used cars so I have done my share of wet sanding and hard rubbing.I have done everything from high end cars to low end used cars. The one thing I have learned is that you can learn something new everyday.

Great to have you here Dan..maybe with your experience you can write about using a rotary after wet sanding as well as some info on other topics of the process of detailing :wink:

budman3

I'm Kevin from NH and I've been using Poorboy's products for 2 years now and it's hard to find a better product! Same name on DC and other sites too. Goodluck to the Poorboy's forum

R

Rob

vwgtivw said:

You'll be easy to spot Dan. Just look for the fella w/o fingertips! LMAO!! :smt043

J

jlharrl

Greeting from Chicagoland

My name is Jason Harrell and I am the proud owner of upstart Xquizit Car Care. I will soon be running a mobile detail business. I have recently purchased a slew of Poorboy products and so far they have met my expectations and lived up to the positive reviews I've read.

I look forward to purchasing and using more Poorboys and definately learning evening more about the business of car reconditioning.

Glad to be on "the board".

F

Ford17

Hey Y'all!!!!

I'm a girl and I love detailing my cars. Is that weird? I hope not. I used to watch and then started helping my Dad detail his cars. Before I knew it he was showing me how to check the oil, tires, belts, plugs, etc. My fav thing though is detailing my car. I just bought a new Element SC and decided I needed to upgrade to better quality detailing products made for use in Georgia's hot, humid climate, and came across a website that carried Poorboy's stuff. I got the starter kit and was so impressed that I found the Poorboy's website and picked up some more stuff for myself and to give as gifts to relative's for Mother's Day and Father's Day. Thanks for the muscle car calendar!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Re: Hey Y'all!!!!

Ford17 said:
I'm a girl and I love detailing my cars. Is that weird? I hope not. I used to watch and then started helping my Dad detail his cars. Before I knew it he was showing me how to check the oil, tires, belts, plugs, etc. My fav thing though is detailing my car. I just bought a new Element SC and decided I needed to upgrade to better quality detailing products made for use in Georgia's hot, humid climate, and came across a website that carried Poorboy's stuff. I got the starter kit and was so impressed that I found the Poorboy's website and picked up some more stuff for myself and to give as gifts to relative's for Mother's Day and Father's Day. Thanks for the muscle car calendar!

welcome and it's not weird :wink: one of our moderators is a girl Norahcrv and she is quite a detailer herself. Glad you liked the calandar :D

M

mad992

HELLO

Male, 43yrs, my car is a mitsubishi triton 4wd and yes its black as in my avatar so any help please :D CHECK MY WEBPAGE OUT

T

THE POLISHER

Hi, My name is john i have been detailing now for about 3 years. Trying to start a business this spring.It's great to be on here to get everyone's opinion on different subjects.You learn something new every day and in this business that's a good thing.I pretty much stocked up on product over the winter and i'm ready to go.I do have quite a few customers to get me started and i have two details this weekend which looks to be very nice as far as the weather 70's. :smt006

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
THE POLISHER said:
Hi, My name is john i have been detailing now for about 3 years. Trying to start a business this spring.It's great to be on here to get everyone's opinion on different subjects.You learn something new every day and in this business that's a good thing.I pretty much stocked up on product over the winter and i'm ready to go.I do have quite a few customers to get me started and i have two details this weekend which looks to be very nice as far as the weather 70's. :smt006

Welcome John to our forum :smt006

04civic

Car Freak

I'm a lifelong wax fanatic. I think I have researched the market and Poorboy's wash, wax, Natty's white, Q-Detail +, bug remover, gloss are the best values on the market. I've been using them for years and tell anyone who wants to listen how great they work. I'm obsessive and no one ever touches my car but me, never been to a car wash and get lots of inquiries on what I use. I've been waxing cars all my life. My parents had the shiniest cars on the block. I'll post pics of my car after I wash it this weekend. I usually just keep most of what I know or tips to myself, really not many people care to hear about it. I hope my registration works. I've been signed up here a bunch of times and then not able to log in. Been reading for years on the forum..lol already know all of you. I call all the time and ask questions..goofball. Hope my registration works.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I'm a lifelong wax fanatic. I think I have researched the market and Poorboy's wash, wax, Natty's white, Q-Detail +, bug remover, gloss are the best values on the market. I've been using them for years and tell anyone who wants to listen how great they work. I'm obsessive and no one ever touches my car but me, never been to a car wash and get lots of inquiries on what I use. I've been waxing cars all my life. My parents had the shiniest cars on the block. I'll post pics of my car after I wash it this weekend. I usually just keep most of what I know or tips to myself, really not many people care to hear about it. I hope my registration works. I've been signed up here a bunch of times and then not able to log in. Been reading for years on the forum..lol already know all of you. I call all the time and ask questions..goofball. Hope my registration works.

Welcome you have found a place to call home ..we look forward to seeing your car and hearing of your experiences ...:)

G

glassdoc

Hi, I'm Ray from the "burbs of Philly". I'm not a professional detailer, but do take a lot of pride in keeping my Tacoma looking good. I do Mobile Windshield Repair. And, although my truck has 220,000+ miles on it. I always get the "Wow, it looks like its brand new" from many of my customers. I met Steve at the Wheels Of Time hot Rod show about 5 years ago. And, I have heard all the sales pitches from the "wax/polish" stand ****. I was impressed and curious about Poor Boys. Steve tried to talk me out of the Natty's Red. Told me, "you won't like it, it is so shiney that every little blem on your truck will stand out." Well, he was partially right. The blems do stand out, but I LOVE it!!! The shine is amazing. And although like many of you. Always in search of the perfect product. Been thru Meguiars, Mothers, Wizard, and Zaino (which I loved, with the exception of it being a weekend killer to use) and many others. And, will admit. Poor Boys is awesome.. Keep up the great work, ****..

P

pgcobravert

hello, I am Mike. I live in North Carolina. I own a Mustang Cobra convertible, which I love keeping clean. I found PW products two years ago, and have been learning every day on the best way to use them.

T

tmacsad

Hello Everyone (What's UP!) My name is Tony. I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. Owner of T-Mac's Auto Detailing here in T-Town. I really love detailing, and not just detailing along I love learning from others and being able to share the knowledge I have been able to acquire over the years! I'm a very BIG, HUGE, DIE HARD PB's fan!

Hope to learn a lot a be able to contribute to this form...excited to be here!