Not really a brag projekt... more a fun projekt.

Michael Hansen

Hey All.

Im making photos for my homepage.. and i did a little test run today.. I offcourse LOVE poorboys products and wanted to test em out.. So i went to a scrapyard and bought 10 of the worst misthreated hoods i could find.. This one had been outside for 5 years, in the corner of the yard.. It had not been washed or touched in that 5 year period.

PLEASE dont tell me about the DEEP scrathes on the metal, i cant really do anything about it, i had to fit 10 bonnets into my van.. they kinda killed eachother!! Ohh about PHOTO QUALITY, it was taken with my cell phone! ill bring the propper cam next time.

This is what i did, lemme know if i could have done it EASIER or better.. ANY critique is welcome - thanks in advance!

This is how it went down.

1. Blue Lake pad ssr 3
2. Yellow Lake pad ssr 2.5
3 Yellow softer lake pad with the funny nipples - ssr 1.
4. black softer lake pad with the funny nipples - pro polish

On this one i ONLY used Makita maschine - and i prolly used to much product on some of the pictures.. but im a messy guy! i like that! please tell me pros and cons of doing that.

Tomorrow ill try and do the same with Flex.. i did a test run today, just to check.. it will be 10 times faster.. ill try that on another sektion of this bonnet.

Ok, pre picture!

DSC00484.jpg

Next after blue and ssr 3.

DSC00485.jpg

Close up.

DSC00486.jpg

After second round.

DSC00488.jpg

close up.

DSC00489.jpg

Then on to yellow and 2.5

DSC00496.jpg

And a close up.

DSC00501.jpg

And then on to Yellow softy pad and ssr 1

DSC00502.jpg

and then after 2 rounds.

DSC00517.jpg

and then on to black pad and pro polish

DSC00507.jpg

And a little more and it finished like this

DSC00527-1.jpg

and split screen ( PS does anyone know some good tape to make lines more clear.. i normally use some paint tape, but it allways funks up my work when i hit it.. )

DSC00529.jpg

Throw some feedback if you made it down to here! :)

Ohh btw, i bought some bmw, thats been outside a garage for 3 years.. Its white, and SOoo dead in the paint.. thats going to be my next project :) ill post, and use some of the advice i hopefully get here.

Regards.

Michael Hansen - bilvask.Nu

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I usually use blue painters tape and do not have any problems ... nice transformation of a junkyard hood :smt023

Rollingrock

Advanced Helper
Great test, I hope to do something similar.

wondering about using the blue lake with SSR3...is that same blue finishing pad or does lake have a blue polish pad?

Cheers

RR

Michael Hansen

Its a blue polishing.. its nearly as hard as the yellow one, which is why i used it second..
Hope i did it right - hehe i wasnt sure, so i did a good old finger preassure test :)

Rollingrock

Advanced Helper
Michael Hansen said:
Its a blue polishing.. its nearly as hard as the yellow one, which is why i used it second..
Hope i did it right - hehe i wasnt sure, so i did a good old finger preassure test :)

I ddin't know that Lake made a blue polish pad.

FYI, here is a chart that will help you with the Lake Pads.

2006ApplicationGuide.jpg
[/img]