New - Help with a few products :)

B

BlueMikey

Hi all :) Just after some advice and pointers really on how to improve my cleaning procedure so to speak. I admit I use a couple of non-PB products (for now) but these will be replaced with PB when they run out, most of which will be soon.

I've been detailing my own car for a couple of years using various products but was really just after some help on what to do next really and products that might help.

My car is a 2000 plate Peugeot 206 in a very light blue colour.

Currently, I'm using PB Super Slick & Suds to wash, then a Sonus clay (soon to be PB clay + PB Spray and Wipe or Spray and Gloss?( What's the difference?) as the lube), PB Professional Polish and finally Collinite 915 (just bought PB Natty Red). For the wheels I'm using Bilberry cleaner then PB Wheel Sealant to seal them and finally Autoglym Tyre Dressing (soon to be PB Bold n Bright).

I've just recieved my PB White Diamond which I can't wait to use! I've also got another PB Professional Polish coming as my other one has seperated (explained below). What else should I be looking to buy and where would it fit into the cleaning process? I've been looking into getting some SSR1 which I'd guess I use before the Pro Polish then apply the White Diamond on top of the Pro Polish?

Having looked round the site there are a few other products that get a lot of mentions but I'm not sure where they would fit in such as EX and EX-P sealant? What's the difference in them and would I need it if I was using White Diamond or would this just go over that before the wax?

I've also seen a fair few people who use the Natty Blue/White and then top it off with Red. I'm looking at getting some White to apply first and then Red on top of that, but apply two layers of the Red and use QD+ to buff of the last layer of the Red, does this seem right?

I also plan to get some Bug Squash to help with tar and similar residue. I'll also be buying some Natural look for the interior plastics too. I was wondering though if PB made a Bilberry equivalent?

Also as I mentioned earlier my Pro Polish has 'seperated' hence buying another. I put this down to it been left in direct sunlight for a long period of time, I'm guessing it's best to just throw it away?

Forgot to mention. What's best to remove the yellow staining and tar marks on alloy wheels, as pictured below:
3a07f99b.jpg

e6470989.jpg

Also, all products are to be applied by hand.

Just looked round and came to this as a order for a full detail, what do people think?
PB Super Slick & Sud
PB Clay using Spray and Wipe
PB SSR1
PB PP
PB EX-P
PB Natty White x2
PB Natty Red x2 (Last application removed with PB QD+)

PB Spray & Rinse
Clay
PB PP
PB Wheel Sealant
PB Bold n Bright

Any help is appreciated, whether it be to recommend another product or to offer pointers :)

M

mad992

wow :!: thats a good first post mate, what yellow markings are you referring 2 are they on your alloys :?: looks like brake dust stain 2 me , very porous alloy casting stains very easy wheel sealant will solve this mike 8) 8) 8)

B

BlueMikey

Haha thanks, I try haha.

Yeah thought ti was brake dust, thought it'd come of with a good polish and clay session! :)

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
S+W ahould be used as the lube, as it has more lubricity. As to the differences, S+W is a waterless cleaner. No gloss booster or protection added. S+G is a gloss booster, but doesn't have the lubricity to clean a dirty car that S+W has. S+G should be used after the car has been washed. (Can also be used as a drying aid.)

You likely won't see much difference between PP and SSR1, so using both together wouldn't likely benefit you. By hand I would say PP would be the more versatile choice. If you are looking to have something for correction, you might look at getting SSR2. PP can do some correction, though, with the proper media.

EX is a sealant with some carnauba in it, and has a "warm" look to it. EX-P is a pure sealant and looks shinier/more reflective. You would apply one of the sealants before a wax to try to get longer lasting protection (compared to just wax alone).

I'm not familiar with Bilbery, but Spray and Rinse is PB's wheel cleaner. Supposedly powerful stuff, but I haven't tried it.

Have you tried shaking the PP to re-constitute it? Sometimes it just takes a little longer than what people try.

Your steps seem good, but you don't need to use both PP and SSR1. You could also try adding one of the AIO's (PwC/PwC Blue/PwS) for the maintenance waxings later on rather than either just waxing or full details.

Hope this helps.