Need Help... Problems with SSR breaking down

I

ISCjonny

Just trying to see if anyone can help me out with this issue.

I'm new to the PW product line. So far im loving the products. But here is the issue im having.

I originally bought the Deluxe Sample kit to try out the PW products.. and i was very impressed. So i ordered 1 gallon sizes of PP, SSR1,2.5,3. and a few other.

Recieved the products. Spent 5 mins shaking each 1 gallon bottle to make sure the product is thoroughly mixed and then transferred the products into my 16oz squeeze bottles.

Yesterday i was detailing my buddy's BMW 335i coupe and i ran into problems breaking down the SSR1 & 2.5.

Steps i took... (using a Flex 3401VRG DA)
1. Brand new white polish pad. (CG MPT
2. 1 Mist of Pad Primer.
3. Double circle of product on pad.
4. Dabbed pad w/ product on section.
5. Spread product on speed 1.5
6. Started to work in product on speed 4
** This is where the problems started. By the time i started making a 2nd pass. the product looked like it was being completely wiped up off the surface and the flex was flinging little dry chunks of product everywhere.

Am i doing something wrong? Here's the weird part. Same pad, Same Product, BUT from the sample pack. Product breaks down and transitions beautifully.

Seems like im only having problems with the SSR line.. PP and BH are great.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would say step 2 & 3 ..do not use a water bases primer and it will cause the chunks you are seeing, and step three I think you are using to much product, which could also produce the same result ... everything else looks ok .. I'd also go with a little higher speed ..maybe 5 or even 6