Natty's Paste Wax Red separating and becoming liquid

T

Tadpole24

I have tried a few different Poorboy's World products and have like them all. I thought I would try some of the wax so I picked Natty's Paste Wax Red.
When I opened it, it looked fine. To apply paste wax I remove the block from the container and apply it to the pad. I tried to remove the Natty's but it would not fall out. On the bottom I noticed it looked moist and was creating a suction not letting it fall out. I just used my hand to get some wax out, applied a thin coat, let it haze, and wiped it off. Very easy product to use, easy on easy off. Looks great on black paint.
When I was done I looked at the wax and below the top crust of cured was it was very soft. I stirred the product and it did not get thicker but almost turned in to a liquid. I let it set a few days and now it is still liquid with a small amount of oil on top of the liquid wax.
Is there any fix for this wax or is it a lost cause? I don't want to use it in its current condition as I don't know how it will effect the performance of the product. And I really don't want to spoon it out onto a pad even if is "ok" to use.

P

Pockets

Hey Tadpole,

Natty's Red is a bit softer than our other paste waxes and when disturbed will get even softer.

That's okay though because you can get it back to normal by simply melting it down and letting it harden up again.

Use a double boiler like you would melt chocolate and melt the wax just until it is all liquid. Pour it back into the jar and let it sit in room temp to cure.

This should bring the wax back to its normal state

ronkh

Da King
Hey Tadpole,

Natty's Red is a bit softer than our other paste waxes and when disturbed will get even softer.

That's okay though because you can get it back to normal by simply melting it down and letting it harden up again.

Use a double boiler like you would melt chocolate and melt the wax just until it is all liquid. Pour it back into the jar and let it sit in room temp to cure.

This should bring the wax back to its normal state

Adding to the above

DO NOT MICROWAVE

(ask me how I know that)

Unless you are very careful as it is flammable in the liquid state

T

Tadpole24

Not really the reply I was looking for. It is not soft it pours out of the jar. Why would I waste time re-pouring a paste wax when I can buy any other brand and have it perform as a paste wax should?
The next day when view in bright sun it also left a oily residue. I will stick with P21S, Collinite 915, and Max Wax for a few bucks more.
Like I said I have tried a few Poorboy products and have liked them but I would not put my name on a product that performs like Natty red.

van185

Advanced Helper
I have used Nattys Red for several years now with nothing but good results. In fact I have used all the Nattys waxes with great results. I got a jar of Blue Nattys that after getting advise from Pockets I remelted and it has worked great with no problems. I will stick with Poorboys for their waxes and other products. I have got several detailing products from other companies and have had seperation issues also, but Poorboys has always been beyond helpful to correct any issues with any of their products, which I have had very few issues with any of their stuff. Just wanted to give a shout out to Poorboys and their products. Everone has their own opinions and just sharing mine. FOr the record I had bed luck with Max Wax so I might avoid that one.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Is a bummer whatever happened to the product, whether it separated with you or when ever it did. Just remember you can buy a brand new anything, and have it not work/show up broken.

I would guess the oily residue was an over ratio of the oils and detergents to carnuba while it separated, then was applied while not all blended properly. I wouldn't let that discourage you from the quality of the product itself.

May be too much work for some, but at least ya got some feedback on how it can be melted back down, was something new I learned.

G

Gus-Gus

Not really the reply I was looking for. It is not soft it pours out of the jar. Why would I waste time re-pouring a paste wax when I can buy any other brand and have it perform as a paste wax should?
The next day when view in bright sun it also left a oily residue. I will stick with P21S, Collinite 915, and Max Wax for a few bucks more.
Like I said I have tried a few Poorboy products and have liked them but I would not put my name on a product that performs like Natty red.

What Chris said may help if you heat it some and then mix it and pour it back in.. Im thinking if it did separate doing this would redistribute the mixture and let it solidify.. also.. how hot does your garage get? it may just be a constant heat that is keeping the product in a liquid state.

As said before with anything that is produced there is a chance for something to fail.