Natty’s red over Natty’s blue?

Marc D

Hi just wondering if anyone has applied a couple of layers of Natty’s red over previously applied Natty’s blue to increase gloss? I’ve always struggled to get decent results on my blue 911 even after trying a few different waxes. I’ve had good results with red, black and my wife’s blue focus st with the Natty’s blue giving a nice wetlook but the 911s paint doesn’t want to know lol. Thinking of trying Natty’s red to bring out some gloss rather than trying to achieve a wetlook with the blue paint

Dyllayla

I would love to be able to help but sadly I have only ever used Nattys White so far. Give it a go and see what results you get, you have nothing to lose because whatever result you get it will still look amazing :) :)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
It will help bring up the gloss, but if i were to start all over, I'd polish with Professional Polish .. it has no abrasives if you have not used it before , and is completely pad dependent .. using it with the soft finishing type pad will make it work like a paint cleanser ,, this will bring out the most the paint has to offer before you seal it in with the Glazes and Wax ..

Marc D

Ok thanks. I’ve not long done a full correction on it but when I come to do a strip down and reapply the glaze etc I’ll get myself some professional polish. I normally use the polish with carnauba blue by machine after the ssr 2.5 and ssr 1. I have actually noticed a slight reduction in gloss on one of my old cars when I went straight from ssr1 too the glaze without applying pwcb

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Yes , the PwC will not allow build up but you are also muting with each layer after that .. the Pro Polish on the other hand leaves the finish very clear but with no protection at that point .. i also believe that skipping the PwC and replacing the Pro Polish will allow the paint to really pop and let the Black Hole really do it's job.

Marc D

Ok that’s great thanks very much. I’ll get some professional polish ordered along with a new finishing foam pad for my rotary polisher for when I decide to strip everything off and start again. I’ve ordered a pot of Natty’s red paste wax this morning so I’ll try a couple of layers of that on top of the Natty’s blue I’ve already applied. Unfortunately I can’t post pictures as their too large although I have posted some on the Facebook group

Marc D

Applied 2 layers of Nattys red today and it is a fair amount more glossy.
34433419-703-F-4-D28-ADEE-D7999-F08-C4-C0.jpg

7-CDDAA3-A-1343-43-ED-A16-C-B134066-E7103.jpg

B757-DE5-C-A7-E7-4-B9-C-862-A-0-F97803-F854-D.jpg

E8-BDB078-630-C-487-D-ADA4-60-AB69-A6-D5-F0.jpg