My propsed treatment for a new black car

W

wgilles

I'm getting a new 2012 Ford Focus in 2 weeks. It will have metallic black paint. I was thinking of the following steps...does this look good or is it too much for a new car (and by too much, I mean too much product)

1 - Wash
2 - Clay
3 - Polish
4 - Black Hole
5 - PB Ex Sealant
6 - Carnuba Wax

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Congrats on the new car ... sounds like a good plan .. are you using a machine or by hand?

W

wgilles

By hand. I'm still not comfortable with the whole machine thing yet. My Dad let me practice on his old beater car and I didn't screw anything up, but I think I'll stick to the hand method for a while om my new car.

Beercan31

Advanced Helper
like Steve asked what polish you using?
polish with sealant or polish with Carnuba would be great choices

That's not a bad set up for the metallic black, what type of finish are you going for soft warm glow (Nattys Red), deep reflection (EXP)or mirror (EXP+Nattys Blue)?
I had a black Dodge that never seen shade or a garage much, used rotary for polishing and a DA for sealants and waxes.
pro-P
EXP
Nattys blue
my results were outstanding brilliant mirror deep reflective shine.

W

wgilles

Probably going to use the polish with Carnuba.

I was going to try for a deep reflection look first.

heck

Advanced Helper
With Poorboy's world products and your treatment plan you cannot go wrong. It will look awesome whichever way you go! I would be willing to bet over time you try both ways. Your a sure winner with Poorboy's Products.:smile: