My 1992 GMC Sierra detail...

YNOT

Helper
Finally got a day last week to spring detail my 92 GMC. She got the works as I had all day/night to work on her.

Started with a Dawn-stripping, then claybarred the whole thing and washed it once more. Next up...Poorboys SSR1 over the entire body...SSR2 in a few spots where the 'ice' had scratched the hood over winter. Followed that up with a some Black Hole which gave it a slightly deeper red color and really wet look. Over top of that I gave her a coat of EX-P and let it set overnight. then gave the entire body a coat of Natty's blue. She'll get another coat soon....maybe 2 more.

I used Bold-N-Brite on the tires, Simple Green on the wheel-wells, Stoner's on the glass (after a newspaper wipe-down), and my trusty WORKSHOP Wet/Dry Vac with the auto detailing accessory kit for the interior. She's pretty much spotless now.

I have to say, proper washing techniques make a world of difference. It seemed that there weren't as many swirls in the paint as there have been in past years. I know in the past, some winters I would wash it on a 'decently warm' day and I would rush because it's cold, not being as cautious of my technique. This past winter I had fewer washings and when I did, I slowed down and made sure I was being more careful.

Anyway, here are the pics. I need to get her out somewhere better for some good pics, but it has been raining ever since wednesday so she's sat in the garage. I hated coming to work today as it was wet out with a chance of rain, but she's gotta see rain sooner or later I guess, right?

GMC_513_view_over_top_POORBOYS.jpg

GMC_513_hood_reflection_POORBOYS.jpg

GMC_513_side_profile_POORBOYS.jpg

GMC_513_door_WORKSHOP_vac.jpg

GMC_513_window_prius.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics...

P

Pockets

She's a beaut Tony! Thanks for posting ...... i have to tackle my red beast soon hopefully before detailing weekend!

YNOT

Helper
Thanks guys. it wouldn't look half this good if not for you guys and your great products. Seriously.