Layering Wheel Sealant

A

ajc347

I've just ordered some Wheel Sealant & am unsure as to what the correct process for layering this product is and have some questions:

What are the minimum cure times I should allow between layers?

Is there a limit to the number of layers which can be applied?

Can this product be applied equally easily in both the sun & the shade?

How long should I allow the product to haze for before buffering off?

Is there an easy way of removing the product if it is applied to thickly?

Any answers would be gratefully recieved. :)

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
ajc347 said:
I've just ordered some Wheel Sealant & am unsure as to what the correct process for layering this product is and have some questions:

What are the minimum cure times I should allow between layers?

Layers can be put on with about a half hour cure time, but longer is better

Is there a limit to the number of layers which can be applied?

Our testing came out with two-three layers to be optimum, but more can be added as desired

Can this product be applied equally easily in both the sun & the shade?

Yes, as long as the wheel is not hot, and haze time will be shorter in the sun

How long should I allow the product to haze for before buffering off?

that really depends on the variables of your area: ie.. temperature, humidity, etc

Is there an easy way of removing the product if it is applied to thickly?

just buff it off before it fully cures if you put it on too thick

Hi and Welcome to our forum :smt006 [/b]

A

ajc347

Thanks for the welcome & answering my questions so quickly.

I'm thinking about using an AIO prior to applying the Wheel Sealant so as to clean the rims first. I presume that your Polish with Sealant product would be suitable for this?

If so, would there be any benefit to using 2 layers or would one be sufficient, and what curing time would be necessary before applying the Wheel Sealant?

Could you also confirm if the Polish with Sealant product uses abrasives or chemicals as its primary cleaning mechanism.

Thanks again.

Andy.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
ajc347 said:
Thanks for the welcome & answering my questions so quickly.

I'm thinking about using an AIO prior to applying the Wheel Sealant so as to clean the rims first. I presume that your Polish with Sealant product would be suitable for this?

If so, would there be any benefit to using 2 layers or would one be sufficient, and what curing time would be necessary before applying the Wheel Sealant?

Could you also confirm if the Polish with sealant product uses abrasives or chemicals as its primary cleaning mechanism.

Thanks again.

Andy.

either Polish w/ Sealant or Professional Polish would be a good choice before the Wheel Sealant. They are both chemical cleaners, the cleaner the rim the better the Wheel Sealant will perform. There would be no waiting time after Polish w/ Sealant if you chose that route. :D

A

ajc347

Poorboy said:
either Polish w/ Sealant or Professional Polish would be a good choice before the Wheel Sealant. They are both chemical cleaners, the cleaner the rim the better the Wheel Sealant will perform. There would be no waiting time after Polish w/ Sealant if you chose that route. :D

Thanks for the reply.

I'm also wondering if there would be any benefit in applying White Diamond after Polish w/ Sealant and prior to Wheel Sealant and what curing times, if any, this process would need.

Would there be any benefit to using 2 layers of White Diamond or would one be sufficient?

Sorry for all the questions - I just want to check product compatibility prior to purchasing them so as to avoid buying incompatible products.

Thanks again.

Andy

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
White Diamond would not be good on your wheels. IT is not made to withstand heat like Wheel Sealant is. :wink:

A

ajc347

Thanks for clarifying that.

Polish w/ Sealant & Wheel sealant it is then.

Thanks again for all your help.

Andy. :D