Just wondering .. what's your favorite

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
It's a cold snowy, sleeting , rainy day and I was just wondering what was your favorite that you owned Import a and American and tell us about it:

Pictures would help but some of us are too old to have digital pictures ;)

I'll start ..

I had a Subaru XT in Black ... it was an awesome vehicle with an aircraft steering and dash board ... I almost crashed it a few times when i first got it watching all the electronics ... it had a removable sun roof that was almost the size of the entire roof ... the suspension would lift a few inches when you were driving in deep snow or through deep puddles .. it was a fun ride with the turbo boost too.

For an American vehicle, it would be a 69 Cougar i found in California on a road in the foothills of LA. I was looking for a different car and I saw this dusty, cob webbed, flat tired, Cougar sitting by the curb. Through the dirty back window there was a faded for sale sign. There were no cell phones at this time, so I drove to a PHONE BOOTH at a gas station and called the number. A woman answered and said it was still for sale and her family was the original owners. I came back to the car and she met me outside ... it was worn but overall in good shape..she said it would need a new battery and some air in the tires and it should run ... I looked around and saw some very unusual options and figured I would take a chance. Made her an offer and she took it .. no i am not going to tell you how much ..lol
Came back later that afternoon with a guy from our shop, armed with a new battery, air tank to blow up tires and some starting fluid .. there was the gas station at the bottom of the hill for gas...
Gave the woman the cash, and got the title as my buddy prepped the car .. opened the air cleaner and sprayed the starting fluid and first turn it started and ran well. Drove it to the bottom of the hill, filled the tank with a few dollars ..which was a few gallons back then, drove it back to the shop to clean it up and get a better look.
To make a long story short, this turned out to be an extremely rare car.. 1 of 7 built for high volume dealers in California and Florida ..
it's rare Cougar options included a power sun-roof that went into the roof like modern cars, tilt away steering wheel for easy access in and out, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, AM/FM 5 speaker stereo ( you were lucky to get 2 speaker stereo then), perforated vinyl seats,
a 351 modified Cleveland police interceptor engine, and it still had the factory dual stainless steel exhaust, vinyl roof, power windows and door locks.
It was a beast and a pleasure to drive ...

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
no it was a casualty of the tax man many years ago .... but it was offered back to me the same week I bought my house

S

st33da

I have been fortunate to own quite a few fun cars over the years. My favorite American is my current toy, 96 Mystic Cobra
DSC_0111.jpg

Believe it or not I drive the crap out of it and have over 190K. Car is number 84 of 2000 produced and has a few things done to it.

MSD Plug Wires
JLT Cold Air Intake
Sequential Tail Light Kit
HID Conversion for both Hi beams and Low beams
HID Conversion for the Fog Lights
FRPP 4.10 Gears
31 Spline Axles
Pro-50 Shifter
FRPP Leather Shift Knob
Steeda X2 Ball Joints
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates
Maximum Motorsports/Bilstein Front and Rear Shocks/Struts
Maximum Motorsports Front and Rear Polyurethane Spring Isolators
Maximum Motorsports Street Performance Springs
Maximum Motorsports Sway Bar Endlinks
Maximum Motorsports Aluminum Steering Rack Bushing
Maximum Motorsports Bump-Steer Tie-Rod Kit
Maximum Motorsports Solid Steering Shaft
AGR Quick Rating Rack and Pinion
FRPP Aluminum Drive Shaft
Baer Decele Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Hawk HPS Pads Front and Rear
Flowmaster 50 Series Mufflers
Chrome Saleen rims 18x9 up front with 255/40/18 BFG KDW 2's, 8x10 out back with 295/35/18 BFG KDW 2's
White Faced HVAC Gauges
Polished Stainless Steel COBRA Bumper Inserts
ACC Cobra Floor Mats
8" Shorty Antenna

Favorite Import would be a 94 Del Sol Si
sol.jpg

Fun little car, with some tasteful mods

Head:
D16Z6 milled .020” Ported & flow benched
Crower springs and titanium retainers # 84166
Crower stage 3 cam # 63443z
3 angle performance valve job throat was punched .020”
0.5mm oversized valves, forged stainless sae ev8 (uns 563008) heat treated, black nitrated, swirl polished.

Block:
D16A6 bored and honed milled .020"
Arias pistons # 350235, bore 2.955
Eagle H beam rods
ARP head studs
ACL race bearings

Crank:
D16Z6 micropolished

Power Adders:
Greddy TD04/15C Turbocharger pushing 10lbs of boost with upgraded Greddy R BOV
Zex Dry Nitrous Kit set up for a 100 shot

Fuel: